Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Puritan Bennett ADAM Circut Nasal Pillow Mask
Puritan Bennett ADAM Circut Nasal Pillow Mask
I use it with the "Nasal Dilator" pillows, which oddly enough do not dilate your nose. They extend into your nostrils slightly, so it stays in place even with side pressure from a pillow.

Out of the dozen masks I've tried, this is the one that always works, every time and doesn't leak even when my pressure passes 17cm.

Pros:
  • It doesn't leak.
  • It still doesn't leak, even at 20cm.
  • Nothing touches your face anywhere except the very bottom of your nose.
  • It's soft. Everywhere. If you move around, there is nothing lumpy or anything that will get pushed out of place.
  • It's very sturdy. With care it could last years, not weeks.  There are no squishy or fragile plastic parts that hold anything together.
  • It stays in place, even if it gets bumped or you move.
  • The pillows are designed to seal well without being tight. More air pressure doesn't require ratcheting it down.
  • The headgear is 100% Velcro and fits anybody. There is nothing on the entire mask that can't be moved to where you want it or resized to fit any person, big or small.

Cons:
  • It has an exhaust hole with a stream that makes jet engines jealous. The exhaust comes out of a single small hole and any skin it hits (yours or someone else's) gets cold.
  • It's dead silent when the exhaust doesn't hit anything. It sounds like a wind-storm when it does.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Puritan Bennett ADAM Circut Nasal Pillow Mask
Would you give us a pic? It sounds interesting.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2014, 11:24 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Would you give us a pic? It sounds interesting.

Sure. This is from Google Image Search. Neither the guy on top or the blue head is me. 8-)

Any of the Velcro parts will stick anywhere and everything is either hook or loop, so no matter what shape any part of you is, this fits.

There's a swivel in the front so a twisting hose doesn't give you a twisting nose.

Also, the full diameter hose is nice for people with big lungs. Many of the new masks have little thin weenie hoses that have a significant flow restriction when taking a big inhale or exhale.

[Image: adam-circuit-mask-cpap-bipap.jpg]

The various size pillows range from "teeny cute nose" to "giant honker". 8-) The pillows marked with a "D" are called "dilator" they go into your nose farther then the pillows without the "D" and hold it in place almost no matter what.

I don't know why they call them dilator, since they don't dilate anything.

[Image: breeze-sleepgear-cpap-mask-nasal-pillows.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting! It is very similar to the Breeze but without the hard plastic. I love the Breeze but can't wear it sleeping on my back. And it has the same "jet engine" problem with the vent.

I may get this one out of pocket to give it a try. These lightweight masks are not doing well at my higher pressures.

OH, they're by the same company! No wonder it looks so similar! Duh, Paula.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
These are the only Nose Pillows that work for me.
Shame the head gear falls to bits.
The original head gear is made of foam and does not last long.
I made stronger headgear and it works a treat. Smile

I didn't know you got XL and sizes other than S, M, L Thinking-about

I can't get the Adam System over here now, there does not appear to be an agent (In this area anyway) that the NHS (National Health Service) deal with.

They said if I could find someone that deals with this they would get me spares, but I can't find anyone Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2014, 03:23 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: These are the only Nose Pillows that work for me.
Shame the head gear falls to bits.
The original head gear is made of foam and does not last long.
I made stronger headgear and it works a treat. Smile

I didn't know you got XL and sizes other than S, M, L Thinking-about

I can't get the Adam System over here now, there does not appear to be an agent (In this area anyway) that the NHS (National Health Service) deal with.

They said if I could find someone that deals with this they would get me spares, but I can't find anyone Dont-know

I got a spanking for including a link [Image: cool.gif], so you'll have to check the "Supplier list" at the top of the page and look for #26. They have them.

Also, I don't use the head band that comes with it anymore. I like the cpap-cap much better and it includes and awesome chinstrap. (Just google it. There are a few places that sell it.)

I've been though a whole box of other masks, but never found anything that works as well or leaks as little at high pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem is it only comes with one set of pillows. And extra sets cost $20 each. While it looks like it would work, I think I'll pass. Supplier 1 has it but says it is made by them.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2014, 05:36 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The problem is it only comes with one set of pillows. And extra sets cost $20 each. While it looks like it would work, I think I'll pass. Supplier 1 has it but says it is made by them.

The pillows last pretty much forever. I've had mine for about 2 years now with no sign of wear.

Supplier 26 has the actual model from the manufacturer, and it's cheap as far as masks go.

Post Reply Post Reply
The pillows do last a long time.
I am in the UK (Scotland) and I have to find a supplier the NHS deals with.
Here the mask used to be supplied with S, M, L sizes and with the head gear.
Spares were readily available, then all of a sudden there were no more supplies!
Very odd, as there was only this nasal pillow for a while then along came the Breeze. Same pillows fit so I can still get those if I need them, but everything else stopped Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2014, 03:26 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: The pillows do last a long time.
I am in the UK (Scotland) and I have to find a supplier the NHS deals with.
Here the mask used to be supplied with S, M, L sizes and with the head gear.
Spares were readily available, then all of a sudden there were no more supplies!
Very odd, as there was only this nasal pillow for a while then along came the Breeze. Same pillows fit so I can still get those if I need them, but everything else stopped Sad

As long as you don't break the shell and can get pillows, it should be good forever.

There is a chin-strap called "pap-cap" that has Velcro and loops in all the right places and actually works better and is more comfortable than the original, and includes a really great chin-strap.

The only parts you need from your original ADAM are the pillows, plastic shell, thin Velcro strap for shell and hose. The rest isn't needed.

Since the hose is a standard part you can order from pretty much anywhere, and the Velcro can come from any fabric store, the only really important part are the pillows and shell.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,707 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,238 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,023 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask trish6hundred 75 74,386 12-16-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask yankees123 26 12,799 11-07-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Product Review] BMC WNP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask "Fealite" Sheepish 6 6,427 01-07-2020, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] F&P Eson Nasal Mask RoRo 20 32,841 06-02-2016, 02:00 AM
Last Post: JamesW

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.