Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
(06-13-2021, 03:05 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Truth is that we just don't know that to be the case.  At least not yet.

But I do agree that if your AirSense 10 is working great and it hasn't been at least 5 years since you got it, there's probably no pressing need to upgrade to AirSense 11.

Ahh, the good fruits from dipping into AB forums I seldom have visited.

I asked in a post--or is it still in a draft?--what functional or other non-cosmetic differences there are between the AirSense 10s and 11s. Good to know the differences are still unknown.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to find a post on this but couldn't. On AirSense does it have a disc for Oscar? Or, does it have capability of providing stats whether or not it is through Oscar. I did find where some people are having problems with interchange between Oscar and AirSense 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR version 1.3.0 now supports the AS11. While the AS11 doesn't use a disc, it does have a provision for an SD card. The AS11 is capable of using SD cards greater than the 32Gb limitation that is placed on its predecessors.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My only issue with the AirSense10 has been the "dreaded noise failure". My first one got about 6 months and then got loud....I mean it went from silent to jet engine taking off. ResMed swapped that one and the next one lasted about 3 years. My local provided swapped that one out and it's been good since.

My S9 was bulletproof in comparison, but I like the form factor and set-up of the AS10 a bit more.

Hopefully they will have addressed the failure point / longevity issue on the AS11, because otherwise the AS10 has been a pretty decent.

(In comparison, my S.O. likes F&P machines and has had her fair share of swaps too....but my AS10 experience has been below par where my S9 was hitting Eagles Wink   )
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Started a new thread for AirSense 11 instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
7 years with my AS10
Today being Sunday I did my weekly clean on my Resmed AS10. I picked it up off the floor and put it on the beside table. I took my card out to download and the mask & hose off for a clean in the sink. This has been my routine since I got the machine on 3 Dec 2015 and some 19162 hours ago.
I don't use the humidifier and have the plain panel option.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I use 12mm tubing on the Airsense 10?

I know it's compatible with Slimline which is 15mm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not that I know of. Does the 12mm hose have 22mm connector ends? Also, there isn't a setting for that size hose in the options. Only Standard, Slimline, and 3m hoses. The ClimateLine hose is self-sensing and doesn't have a manual selection.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2023, 11:38 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Not that I know of.  Does the 12mm hose have 22mm connector ends?   Also, there isn't a setting for that size hose in the options.    Only Standard, Slimline, and 3m hoses.  The ClimateLine hose is self-sensing and doesn't have a manual selection.

- Red

12mm doesn't have 22mm connector end. I need an adapter.

I have a Dreamstation Go and just got a ResMed. I'm looking to see if I can just use the same tubing for both.
Post Reply Post Reply
My old humidifier unit had a broken hinge. Just got the replacement today and to my surprise it was a new model. Even the nurse never noticed.

The plastic looks the same but instead of full metal bottom it has a disc element.

Anyone have experience with this model yet?

Kinda looks like this but has the regular tubes and doesn't say humidair 11 at the front.

Edit: I don't even see my new model on cpap dot com. Must be a new replacement unit model?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset Cobra4x4 10 7,534 09-24-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  [Product Review] Migrating from S9 Autoset to Airsense 10-Comparing Therapy Modes becker44a 10 5,358 02-06-2021, 09:11 PM
Last Post: BobbieM
  [Product Review] Cheaper Alternative: A comparison between BMC GII APAP and Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset sharp56 10 21,185 12-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 64,985 04-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.