Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
4 and a half!

I've had my AirSense A10 for two weeks now and am really happy with it overall.

Therapy Results
I don't have detailed data yet as I'm a Mac user so I'm waiting for the next version of SleepyHead to come out before I can import the data and analyse it in detail but the basic data on the screen each morning is looking good and I'm getting a consistently low AHI, I'm feeling refreshed and full of energy during the day so I'm pretty confident the detailed results will be ok. I've been copying the info from the SD card to my computer weekly so I don't loose any detailed history and if that shows anything different I shall come back and update my review.

Noise
I find the A10 a little quieter than the S9, at first I thought it might have just been my perception but then on Sunday morning, my 9 year old climbed into my bed and promptly woke me up asking why I was wearing my mask if the machine was not on Smile

Integrated Humidifier & Heated Hose
I always use the humidifier so I wasn't concerned about not having a detachable set up. I do prefer the design of this humidifier over the H5i. I find it easier to empty and refill and simple to disassemble, clean and reassemble. I really like the swivel on the heated hose at the machine end, it means I can have the hose coming from the machine horizontally which is great when the machine is on the nightstand like I have it at home, but when travelling i can flick it back to vertical if I have to have the machine on the floor.

Layout & Size
Smaller footprint than the S9 and I like the location of the buttons, dial and screen. Being someone who has the machine on the nightstand, I find it easier to see the screen when I am laying down in bed. I can reach across and touch the dial to light up the screen rather than having to sit up in bed like I did with the S9 which had the screen on the top, particularly handy when running the mask fit feature. For me, the SD card is much easier to remove and replace due to the location and the cover.

What I don't like
The varying brightness of the LCD screen, it adjusts the brightness depending on the amount of light in the room but I actually find it a little dim for my liking at times and I would find it easier if it was a little brighter. It's fine when the overhead light is on but when just the bedside lamp is on it's not optimal for me without my glasses on! This could be because the lamp and machine are sharing the nightstand, others with better eyesight or a different lighting set up might not have the same issue. Not a deal breaker thats for sure!

The dial on the front. It is not as deep as the one on the S9 and is flat and smooth frosted looking plastic where you grasp it. Aesthetically it's nice, but for someone with arthritis like myself it is harder to use than the one on the S9 was. Fortunately I don't use the dial as much now I'm a few weeks in but during set up and the first few days when I was honing the settings it was a bit of a pain.

All in all this has been a very good purchase for me and money well spent. I was a little worried about getting such a recently released machine but so far so good and no regrets.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update

Unfortunately, the honeymoon did not last long, now I take back the 4 stars gave the machine in my first post

The A10 AutoSet increase pressure to the maximum and stay there for most of the night and that causes all sort of problems, swallowing air, increased leaks, and disturb sleep

Just had a nap with my S9 AutoSet, what a difference
The A10 destined to collect dust in the closet

Different people might come to different conclusion but I can only make judgement based on my own experience

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2014, 01:10 AM)zonk Wrote: Update

Unfortunately, the honeymoon did not last long, now I take back the 4 stars gave the machine in my first post

The A10 AutoSet increase pressure to the maximum and stay there for most of the night and that causes all sort of problems, swallowing air, increased leaks, and disturb sleep

Different people might come to different conclusion but I can only make judgement based on my own experience

Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you Zonk Sad awful having shelled out the $$ for it to be a dust collector. I haven't found any difference in pressures or the problems with air swallowing or leaks you mention for which I'm very grateful. I routinely had pressures up around 17-18 for the second half of the night with the S9 which could be why the A10 doesn't feel any different pressure wise to me than the S9 did.
Post Reply Post Reply

To help us understand, what settings are you using?
Mine too goes to the max and stays there - I have set the max to 9 and not CPAP.
I'll buy it off you for $100.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm willing to up that bid$$$ Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply

Zonk, did you get the regular A10, or the "for women" version? If the "for women" version, turn off the extra settings to allow it to be a regular version and see if the problem goes away.

Post Reply Post Reply
I know you are probably joking but we cannot have discussions of buying or selling of prescription items. Please discontinue that direction of discussion.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, anyone got the Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset Wifi working?
Post Reply Post Reply
You should ask that question on the Main Forum. This is the Review section.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Interesting to hear this as I was wondering how much of this new machine was marketing hype and how much was solid design improvement. Seems zonk from your comments that it may have some problems so at the moment I am glad to stay with my S9 Autoset + backup S9 Autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset Cobra4x4 10 7,515 09-24-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  [Product Review] Migrating from S9 Autoset to Airsense 10-Comparing Therapy Modes becker44a 10 5,340 02-06-2021, 09:11 PM
Last Post: BobbieM
  [Product Review] Cheaper Alternative: A comparison between BMC GII APAP and Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset sharp56 10 21,166 12-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 64,916 04-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.