Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i)
RE: ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i)
I can’t get my N30 headgear to work right. No matter how I start the night, halfway through the two straps are together and slacked. My wife suggested last night I wear a shower cap to hold them in place. 
I need a better mask.
Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
The N30i has a similar cushion but the headgear keeps in place much better as the air tubes are wide and are on the side and top of head. I gave up on the N30. The N30i has hose attachment at the top which does not work for everybody.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried a P30i. It did stay in place, but the tubes passing right by my ears made it very loud.
Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2020, 10:36 PM)b.e.wilson Wrote: I can’t get my N30 headgear to work right. No matter how I start the night, halfway through the two straps are together and slacked. My wife suggested last night I wear a shower cap to hold them in place. 
I need a better mask.

Do you have enough hair to clip the headgear to?  (I'm thinking a hair clip could hold it in place.)

I wear my hair in a ponytail, and put the straps on either side of it so they can't slide off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found a way to keep the mask in place during the night, though it isn’t ideal. I keep both straps together on the back of my head, so the strap bends down over the top of my ears. Then tighten the strap. The angle of the nose piece isn’t right, and the cartilage at the top of my ears hurts in the morning.
Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2020, 10:36 PM)b.e.wilson Wrote: I can’t get my N30 headgear to work right. No matter how I start the night, halfway through the two straps are together and slacked. My wife suggested last night I wear a shower cap to hold them in place. 
I need a better mask.

I have the exact same problem! Otherwise I like the mask. Were you ever able to resolve the problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently got this mask and it pushes air too much that I got concerned. I had a harder time falling asleep compared to my regular to go mask, the Wisp. Wisp feels like it has the right amount of flow to breath fine, but N30 feels like there's too much air flow.

I think the fit is stellar, given that it's a minimal design with only a strap. The fit works too well for me that I get too high of air flow. Perhaps I may have to reduce the pressure? My experience tells me, same pressure settings are not the same between different types of masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the N30 after attempting the P10. P10 made it feel like I got punched in the nose. Gave me a headache for days that would not go away. Switched to the N30 hoping to get better results.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 2 661 Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,299 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review allielb83 52 58,991 01-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,593 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,001 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,816 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.