Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed Quiet Air Elbow
ResMed Quiet Air Elbow

For those interested, the Quiet Air Elbow from ResMed is loosed on us. It does drastically decrease noise to about nothing IMO. The diffusion aspect is pretty well controlled as well; it's seemingly less forceful with no perceptible high force areas that I could detect.

Make sure to ask the DME to include it in case their stock is mixed with old and new elbow styles. If you're bothered by exhaust or any sound, this will fix your issue. Tested on my ASV with F20 AirFit mask.

[attachment=7053]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Quiet Air Elbow
got that on my mask, can confirm, its quiet, shame the damn mask doesn't fit and the headgear is rubbish, the "Large" is more like a med mirage quattro size
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, do you still have the package? Do you know the part number?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Is it available without buying the mask? I've been using my original F20 mask and cushion for 16 months with no sign of deterioration and already have a spare. It may be a long time before I buy another mask. My wife would like the new elbow.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2018, 01:19 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Dave, do you still have the package? Do you know the part number?

Yep, here's what I have:

Bag of Components/spare parts from ResMed Australia
(Cushion, Elbow, Frame)

AirFit F20 Frame sys sml
Ref 63460
Lot 1305524

(07-05-2018, 05:39 PM)Melman Wrote: Is it available without buying the mask? I've been using my original F20 mask and cushion for 16 months with no sign of deterioration and already have a spare.  It may be a long time before I buy another mask. My wife would like the new elbow.

I encounter answers that indicate yes and no to availability period. My guess is it's available and after old inventory is gone, it will be the only one available. As for available by itself, I'm not sure. Drive near me and take mine. I still like the extra quiet and diffusion, but my use impressed with slight restriction, which seemed to make itself more noticeable the more I've used it. It's probable it's just a slight annoyance.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dave! now it is here in the thread so others can find it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. Oh as for individual part number, mine didn't indicate that.

Any other info I gain, I'll drop it here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Time to revisit after some more sleep hours with the new elbow. I like it better this time around.

I must say the diffusion is an incredibly muted soft air release. Barely felt more than about 6 inches away IMO. And, yes it's noticeably quieter even to me.

Still keeps 5 star rate. Still under assumption this will just replace standard elbow in short time.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just revisiting this as Quiet Air is likely what most will get via ResMed mask parts. Still 5 stars. I like it more than ever. It is still quiet and still diffuses great.

5 Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2018, 01:19 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Dave, do you still have the package? Do you know the part number?

Ref 63494 is the part number for the elbow with QuietAir vent for AirFit and AirTouch F20 but I have not seen it for sale in the US. Shows up in Great Britain and Australia among others.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.