Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask
Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask

Here is my Review of the Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask.
First, I give it 5 stars:
I really like the AirTouch memmory foam cushion. It is very comfortable, and I have been using this mask since November 6, 2017 and have not had much trouble with it.  I have used wipes to wash it and have run it under water to rince it, and gentally  squeezed water out of the foam and allowed it to dry for the next use,    it is still going strong.  I have recently noticed a very slight tear, but it is not enough to cause trouble with the cushion.
I have tried the F20 Silicon cushion,  I found it a little too tacky, but it’s not impossible to use. The mask also has a swivel so you can move the hose  in all directions.
I like the headgear and the magnetic clips on the bottom straps.
I hope this review helps people with their trial of different masks.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask
trish6hundred,

Thanks for the review. I've used both the AirTouch and AirFit cushions. I liked the AirTouch because it was softer than the AirFit silicone. For me though, I had difficulty getting a good seal, so I went back to the silicone. Still it's a good product for those that can use it.

For me it's a 4 star rating.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trish,  do I understand you have been using the same cushion since November 2017?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I have been using the same cushion since Nov. 6, 2017.
The reason I did that is to prove that I could use it longer than the 1-month amount of time that Resmed said. I'm a bit of a cheapskate, where I think I can afford to be, (Ha-Ha.)
Of course, YMMV.
I will be changing it pretty soon, when I think the seal is not as good.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
That is amazing.  I am going to try your cleaning technique.  Glad I saved my old cushions. I have been getting 6 weeks if I am lucky.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2018, 08:59 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: That is amazing.  I am going to try your cleaning technique.  Glad I saved my old cushions. I have been getting 6 weeks if I am lucky.

Hi readyforsleep,
I hope it works for you. It seems like there was someone on the main forum who tried similar techniques to get longer life out of his AirTouch cushion as well.
Good luck with that, I'll be anxious to hear how you do.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm getting ready to do a Titration test this week and they told me that I can use the mask of my choosing...this is the one i've been thinking about.
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply

The good: Like the Airfit Mask it comes with a well designed headstrap setup. Easy to adjust and the straps are away from the eyes. Somewhat noisy vents but easy to get use to.

The bad: What is suppose to be the selling point of the mask is actually the problem. Unlike the Airfit the mask doesn't rely on air to push the mask up against your face to create the seal. It's designed to have the small foam part create the seal by tightening the straps. This results in deep narrow ruts in the face from the small foam edge. On the Airfit the silicone inflates against the face over a wider area to create a seal without leaving the deep marks. Also the straps can be worn looser with the Airfit.     

One other note is the Air Touch is more narrow around the bridge of the nose than the AirFit. For me this resulted in my nose becoming plugged up as the night went on.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good points to ponder Walla Walla. I didn't notice the size differential between AirFit and AirTouch. Looking now at them both...

Yep the AirTouch is more narrow on the nose. I'll try it again sometime, and will ask for a medium AirTouch instead of small AirFit F20.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In case any was wanting to know, the AirTouch and AirFit F20 cushions I have are sized and shaped different despite both being listed as small. See images below.

[attachment=5373]
[attachment=5374]

AirTouch on left. It seems taller and more narrow, pointed like IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 12 1,684 04-19-2024, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Dawnstar
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 25,448 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 7,422 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,524 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,562 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 23,556 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 6,453 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.