Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask
RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask
Thanks Walla Walla. I think when I get one, the diffusion aspect to be more important than the noise factor. And I'll likely benefit from your example of stepping up one size if I want to try the AirTouch again. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out with the AirFit F10 and switched to the AirTouch F20 the beginning of August 2018.  I love the QuietAir elbow and so does my wife.  

In using the AirTouch F20 with the soft memory foam, my VA technician told me to wipe the cushion daily with a NON-alcoholic baby wipe.  I went to WalMart and found a pack of 56 for a buck.  They have worked very well.

At first I had problems with air leaks.  It took a while to figure things out.  It turns out that I was not "setting" the headgear properly.  Now, I pull down on the headset when putting it on.  This positions the crossbar strap that goes across the back of the neck just a bit lower.  This has made all the difference in the world for me.  In the myAir program by ResMed, I almost always get a 20 out of 20 points each night.  

I am thankful for the feedback I get with my ResMed AirSense 10 Elite via the myAir program.  CPAP has been changing my life.  I started July 26th of 2018.
Post Reply Post Reply
Started CPAP in September.
VA issued the F20 Airtouch. Only had it in medium and even though it did not leak it put pressure on my nose
and caused restriction to flow. Purchased a size Large, and it is wonderful! Need to cover the straps for get strap lines in face.
Does put a crease in the top of nose between the eye brows, but a small piece of tape stops that.
Works great on side or back. No leaks and comfortable.
Slowly going through several other masks to find another one to rotate. Clean it daily with wipes.
I would give the air touch F20 5 stars if I could find the stars![Image: dont-know.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2018, 12:06 AM)Bwchase Wrote: Started CPAP in September.
VA issued the F20 Airtouch. Only had it in medium and even though it did not leak it put pressure on my nose
and caused restriction to flow. Purchased a size Large, and it is wonderful! Need to cover the straps for get strap lines in face.
Does put a crease in the top of nose between the eye brows, but a small piece of tape stops that.
Works great on side or back. No leaks and comfortable.
Slowly going through several other masks to find another one to rotate. Clean it daily with wipes.
I would give the air touch F20 5 stars if I could find the stars![Image: dont-know.gif]

The VA should be able to get you anything to make things work.  They ordered me the AirTouch F20 after first starting me on the AirFit F10 (which I couldn't stand and it hurt my nose).  They also ordered me Remzzzs.  Remzzzs are cotton cutouts that go between the mask and the skin.  I couldn't function without the Remzzzs.  You shouldn't have to buy  anything that is standard stuff.  Just politely ask and they will do it.  If you use the myhealthevet internet program, throw them a compliment in the message section for the good things they have done.  I did this a few months ago and they were all aglow the next time I came in.  I use a VAMC and the CPAP techs work almost nonstop all day trying to keep-up.  Make an appointment and they will work things out for what you need.  The CPAP tech worked out an ordering schedule for me of when to order the complete headset (cushion, frame and headgear), hose, Cushions, CPAP machine filters, and Remzzzs.  They do not remind you to order, it is our job to use the myhealthevet or call them to order supplies.  I prefer to use the myhealthevet since they can respond to this without an interruption.  They usually check messages once or twice per day.  I served 28 years and during two wars.  They really try to take care of us.  Furthermore, they prefer to have me order enough to last a while rather than being called repeatedly.

By the way, I was surprised to see in another post someone saying they used a F20 cushion since November 2017.  I am doing good to get about eight weeks.  The memory foam splits at the top where it touches the top of the bridge of the nose.

Having said the above, they won't buy the optional things like hose clips, things to wrap around your headgear, breathing tube cleaning brushes --- and these things aren't that expensive, anyway.

Hope this helps.  Make an appointment and talk about the new mask that you like.  Ask about how to order things and what to order.  Make sure you record the part numbers of everything they send you.  You will need those numbers the next time.
You need to have on file your CPAP model number, serial number, CPAP DEF number,  part numbers for all the above things mentioned.  They do maintain a record, too, but it sure makes life easier for everyone if you can help them out with good information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Lowhypopnea for the post.
I order by phone. would use myhealtyevet, but I can not figure out how to send a secure message using that website.
Sorry moderators for slightly straying from strictly review of this fine mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was to my VAMC today.  They said they will even order special covers for the cushion (envelops the cushion)  to prevent the cushion from touching the skin.  They will also order a special covering for the headgear so the neck and side bottom straps don't touch the skin.  This was news to me and they are now on order.  This is addition to the Remzzzs.  My CPAP tech said not all VAMCs will order the same things.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bwchase:
"I would give the air touch F20 5 stars if I could find the stars![Image: dont-know.gif]"

Click [get more] below the emoji that are on the left of the reply box. Stars are about 3/4 of the way to the bottom on the left.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
5 Amazing Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
welcome, just another free service via Apnea Board. Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Recently began F20 full face mask with new Air Curve 10.  It seems to blow out more than the 10.  Noting how you say you clean yours, my MD said the foam should not get wet, to clean it with wipes.  Don't have wipes so use a paper towel with foam from a soap foam dispenser.  Wonder how long your mask works with your wet method.  Wonder how it complares with the F10 for you if you have used that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 2 657 Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 7,012 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,221 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,815 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 6,231 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.