Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask
RE: Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask
Thanks I haven't tried this mask yet. However, I'm very interested.
The head gear hack makes a lot of sense.

(When I bought the DreamWear masks I always got the frame with a single insert. The DME supplier would pick out and keep the inserts they judged were not my size. That bothered me. A lot.) Just commenting here--to help other hosers out.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I wore a loaner P30i last night that came with 2 pillows inserts. M&L. I put the L in, and tried to sleep.
Bad choice.
I woke up once, and adjusted the mask.

I woke up again late at night and my nose was very sore at the nostrils. got up and put the M insert in. I survived the night, but it was hard.

I'm trying to replace my N20 mask.

First impression--very comfortable; very quiet.

Next day, reality--

pluses--comfortable; quiet

negatives--sore nose; strap on back of my head moves all over. High AHI. Very tired today.

I have ordered the Respironics fitting from amazon. It's supposed to come tomorrow. I hope it helps. That's the hack suggested earlier in the review.

Mask is a loaner
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Funny you say that DaveL, I ended up going back to the P10 because the sound of air rushing through the tubing alongside my ears was annoying over time and reduced my REM sleep time. Also had a sore nose, but also slightly dry throat/mouth.

I mean if you're using nasal pillows just have the air go straight from the tubing through the pillows and up your nose. Not this round-your-head malarkey. I probably had a funny throat because the warm air from the Climateline tubing cooled as it ran through the side P30i tubes!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a P30i with the older pillows that only have holes in the front of the pillows. I like the mask but the diffuser with only holes in front blows a lot of air over my wife at night. Do the newer pillows with the newer diffuser cut down on this? Is this the part number of the new pillows size medium 63862? I am assuming that the older diffuser pillows and the newer style diffuser pillows have different part numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2022, 10:58 AM)compman2 Wrote: I have a P30i with the older pillows that only have holes in the front of the pillows.  I like the mask but the diffuser with only holes in front blows a lot of air over my wife at night.  Do the newer pillows with the newer diffuser cut down on this?  Is this the part number of the new pillows size medium 63862?  I am assuming that the older diffuser pillows and the newer style diffuser pillows have different part numbers.

I know this is an old question, but yes, that looks like the correct part number. I just got a P30i and there's almost no air coming out the front of the pillows. It all diffuses gently to the sides (parallel to the chin and each cheek--I can't feel it at all). The DreamWear headgear with Arms works great for me, as well. This "hacked" mask has become my favorite.
Still huffing on the magic machine. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to contribute information here that I haven't seen others include.  I have tried many masks and until the P30i, the most comfortable was the Phillips Dreamwear nasal pillow mask.  I loved how that one felt, but I had an issue that just rendered that mask unacceptable... my oxygen levels dropped by 8 to 10 percentage points with that mask.  I just couldn't get the oxygen levels with that mask that I get with other masks.  I wear an O2 ring. My assessment is that the hollow frame tubing is just too thin.  You can noticeably feel the flow decrease when you lie on one side. It closes off that side and decreases the flow no matter what the sales person says.  I had to ditch that mask.  I got the P30i because it looked like it has a sturdier frame and it has been wonderful!  I have the comfort of the nasal pillows and no mask over my mouth and my oxygen levels have stayed great.  This is now my go-to mask.  I can sleep on my side with no drop in flow.  It's comfortable, minimal, quiet, and easy to deal with in the night.  I do also sleep with a mouthguard and mouth tape to keep my jaw in place and prevent mouth leaks, but even with that, I'm sleeping much better than with any other masks I've had.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 2 684 03-27-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,310 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,165 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,238 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,184 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,617 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,027 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.