Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask
RE: Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask
Thanks for the good review. Something to file away for future reference.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one coming today - will report back!
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK - I am nearly positive I am one of the rare folks whose head doesn't match the standard size. I did the mask fit, and clearly the medium pillows work best. I had zero issue maintaining a very good seal, but realized only too late that the gear was too tight. I woke up the next morning with borderline pressure sores on the edges of my nostrils. I plan to call my DME provider to see if there is a size up option for the headgear. The feeling of the mask and function of the mask seem to really work well for me sleep style of tossing and turning, but the interface between my nose and the pillows was too tight, without any way to loosen the adjustment.

We will see what replacement options are. I went back to my original eson nasal mask with success to let my nostrils heal.

I will report back if I am able to try a new size.
Post Reply Post Reply
I confirmed from DME that they do not have a larger headgear piece - various pillow sizes, but not the actual headgear. Unfortunately this one will not work for my big head. Trying something else!
Post Reply Post Reply
Used the P10 for several years. I really liked the headgear on the N30i. Switched to the N30i but had a hard time getting a good mask seal. Checked with my provider and got the P30i pillows which are almost identical to the P10 (they aren't inchangable). No more seal problems. The N30I headgear and the P30i pillows are the best of both worlds for me.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
I originally gave up on the P30i because of leaks. In search of more air though, I dusted it off and tried again. I was able to stop the leaks by loosening the straps. Airflow seems pretty good, even on my side with one of the air tubes compressed against a buckwheat pillow. I still get air through both tubes.

The P30i pillows definitely open my sinuses better than the N30i or F30 (and both of those are better than the F20 for me). I may still try a P10 to maximize the airflow though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried this mask for a few nights now, it is almost perfect, but I need the smaller frame,( and they are not for sale separately as far as I know so far. Am checking around, but Canada is pretty limited in spare parts it seems...)

Anyway, as has been noted the pillows are the same form as the P10, real nice seal. Love the routing of the air, and the top attachment of the hose, I can now read use glasses while using machine.... it is noisier than the P10, but having real adjustment at last makes up for that. Side sleeping no issue, or wont be once I get the smaller frame...
9 out of 10 imho... Smile

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an N30i Medium. I purchased a Medium P30i nasal pillows attachment. Removed my N30i attachment and replaced with P30i. Seems to fit fine. I tried it for a few nights. Something I couldn't get over was a whistling sound with the P30i when I'm breathing. I ended up going back to the N30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the P30i large pillows. I would use an extra large if they made it.

I am a big guy, and the standard frame fits my face well. The one-size headgear is a little long though, so I end up with the Velcro end well up onto the split portion of the strap. It works though.

Recently, I decided to try a small frame with the large pillows. It rides a little closer to my eyes, but still clears my glasses.

The reason for trying the change is the angle of my nose. The small frame seems to hold the pillows at a more comfortable angle for my nose. It also seems to be a little more stable as I move around (though both do pretty well).

The jury is still out - I like both setups.

The small frame fit kit does not include the large pillows, but I can buy the assembly kit with a small frame and large pillows, plus the separate headgear, for the same price as the fit kit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 13 1,811 04-23-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,554 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,647 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,634 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 125,341 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 26,526 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,970 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.