Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] SleepPhones (headband headset)
SleepPhones (headband headset)
Fit: 1
Sound: Was 4 now 1
Comfort: 4

I got one because it is a simple headband with the speaker bit just a chip set into the cloth. You are supposed to be able to move the pieces around, even remove them so you can wash the headband. You can order either just the electrical/sound parts or just the headband. From the images presented, it looked comfortable and was just what I needed to be able to listen to meditative music as part of my regimen to fall asleep.

I got the wired "Classic" version ($40) and figured if it worked, I'd get the Bluetooth version ($99) later. I also got it in the "Breeze" fabric vs fleece because they said the fleece got very warm.

The problem is all the photos they have on their website do not show the truth. The wire for the Classic? It comes out right in the middle of the forehead. Seriously? Seriously. And to get the speaker bits on my ears? I have to wear it like it is a blindfold. If I angle it as if it were a headband or a hairband, it comes no where near my ears. I've messed with it quite a bit and can't seem to get it to fit right. So I wear it like a blindfold the few nights I want to fiddle with it. Despite all this, the dang things are actually rather comfortable. I'd prefer they be what I paid for rather than a $40 blindfold.

And now the sound is screwed up. There is an awful buzz in the background which is NOT conducive to sleep. So they are useless.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Dreem 2 Headband slowriter 15 5,903 03-24-2021, 08:33 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.