Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Tap Pap Mask
Tap Pap Mask
I wanted to start a new thread on the Tap Pap nasal pillow mask without head gear:  I just got mine and used it for the first time last night and I'm very very happy with my experience.  This mask has a mouth piece that you mold to your upper teeth. This little mold is what keeps the mask in place.  I'm a side sleeper and the masks I've tried have routinely been knocked out of alignment sometime during the night.  I usually awaken with a strong breeze of air blowing in my face. My sle has been much improved even with these interruptions BUT my first time using the Tap Pap is also the first truly good night's sleep I've had in decades. I'm a pretty happy camper and would suggest that interested folks Google Tap Pap for their web site and check it out.
There is another mask called CPAP Pro which got great reviews on a site I visit for evals in these matters.  You can check that out too. When I watched the video on CPAP Pro, I was concerned with the set up for the pillows and how they would enter your nostrils so, in the end, I opted for Tap Pap and I'm glad I did.  
Btw, tap pap is incredibly quiet, takes up very little real estate on your face and never got knocked out of alignment.  It was good Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tap Pap Mask
If you could, could you edit your review to include the stars so others can see it at a glance? Much thanks for the review!

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...this-forum
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yes, for sure! Sorry about that. Errrrr how do I edit? If nothing gets corrected in the next five minutes it will mean I am stuck! D'oh!

Ok I am stuck
Huh
I don't see an option to edit anything beyond this reply to your post

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2013, 02:54 PM)NES Wrote: I wanted to start a new thread on the Tap Pap nasal pillow mask without head gear: I just got mine and used it for the first time last night and I'm very very happy with my experience. This mask has a mouth piece that you mold to your upper teeth. This little mold is what keeps the mask in place. I'm a side sleeper and the masks I've tried have routinely been knocked out of alignment sometime during the night. I usually awaken with a strong breeze of air blowing in my face. My sle has been much improved even with these interruptions BUT my first time using the Tap Pap is also the first truly good night's sleep I've had in decades. I'm a pretty happy camper and would suggest that interested folks Google Tap Pap for their web site and check it out.
There is another mask called CPAP Pro which got great reviews on a site I visit for evals in these matters. You can check that out too. When I watched the video on CPAP Pro, I was concerned with the set up for the pillows and how they would enter your nostrils so, in the end, I opted for Tap Pap and I'm glad I did.
Btw, tap pap is incredibly quiet, takes up very little real estate on your face and never got knocked out of alignment. It was good Smile

I concur completely. I have been using the Comfort Lite II for several years with out a problem. I decided to try this new Tap Pap, easy set up and extremely quite operation (so quiet, my wife had to check on me several times to make sure I was still breathing). I am using this with an S9 which usually runs at 17-19, so high pressure has not worked with several pillow masks, no problem with the Tap Pap. I want to give it a couple of weeks before I am convinced.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2013, 02:14 PM)jefbab Wrote:
(05-30-2013, 02:54 PM)NES Wrote: I wanted to start a new thread on the Tap Pap nasal pillow mask without head gear: I just got mine and used it for the first time last night and I'm very very happy with my experience. This mask has a mouth piece that you mold to your upper teeth. This little mold is what keeps the mask in place. I'm a side sleeper and the masks I've tried have routinely been knocked out of alignment sometime during the night. I usually awaken with a strong breeze of air blowing in my face. My sle has been much improved even with these interruptions BUT my first time using the Tap Pap is also the first truly good night's sleep I've had in decades. I'm a pretty happy camper and would suggest that interested folks Google Tap Pap for their web site and check it out.
There is another mask called CPAP Pro which got great reviews on a site I visit for evals in these matters. You can check that out too. When I watched the video on CPAP Pro, I was concerned with the set up for the pillows and how they would enter your nostrils so, in the end, I opted for Tap Pap and I'm glad I did.
Btw, tap pap is incredibly quiet, takes up very little real estate on your face and never got knocked out of alignment. It was good Smile

I concur completely. I have been using the Comfort Lite II for several years with out a problem. I decided to try this new Tap Pap, easy set up and extremely quite operation (so quiet, my wife had to check on me several times to make sure I was still breathing). I am using this with an S9 which usually runs at 17-19, so high pressure has not worked with several pillow masks, no problem with the Tap Pap. I want to give it a couple of weeks before I am convinced.

If your mouthpiece shrinks, remold it to your upper jaw and allow it to cool in place for a longer period of time. I also wriggle it back and forth while it's cooling and assuming its more permanent shape. My first tho't was that it had to be a firmly affixed to my upper jaw as possible but that's not the case and it can get too tight quickly (I DO wish they had an alternative molding material that retained its size over time). In any case, the wriggling of the molded piece did the trick!
I recently decided to try The Breeze because it had gotten such good reviews by folks, but I find it to be too heavy and the hose is too short (just the right length to get caught on the edge of my pillow every night). I'm going back to Tap Pap.

Post Reply Post Reply
I like the tap pap, best nights sleep since I had to use cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for me! I wish Apria would stock these.

How long does the mouthpiece usually last before it needs replacement?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only had to throw away a mouthpiece because I tho't I 'should' throw it away for sanitary purposes. Other than that consideration, my original mouthpiece remains in perfect condition. At this point, I fill a bowl with half vinegar and half water and wash the mouthpiece every third day or so. In between I use a toothbrush to freshen it in the morning. So, as far as I can tell, the mouthpiece will last for as long as you want it to. I actually forget the manufacturer's recommendation re: replacement schedules.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone. I'm new to this board but wanted to chime in about the tap Pap mask. I've had mine for one week and I think everything about it is terrific except for the mouthpiece. The fit of the mouthpiece just doesn't seem stable. It's easy to mold to your teeth and may feel like a perfect fit today and then tomorrow suddenly feel too tight. When it's too tight it actually hurts. I fear for my teeth, that it could dislodge a crown when I pull it out or change my bite. I found that when I followed the makers instructions for fitting the mold it was too snug. So I re-molded it and attempted to make it fit looser which worked for one night but then the next night it seemed tight again. I'm beginning to think that the warmth inside your mouth actually causes it to remold. Today I'm going to try something else. I am going to put cling wrap over my teeth first before I put the mold in. That little bit of space might make the mouthpiece fit more comfortably. We'll see what happens. I really want this mask to work because it is without a doubt the quietest most comfortable mask I have ever worn. I think the manufacturer has to find a more stable material for the mouthpiece mold.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree -- I think everyone agrees about that darn mouthpiece. Here's what I do: mold the mouthpiece so that it has a loose fit. Here's how I do that: After I soak the piece in hot water, I pull the u-shaped mold out to the side to make it wider. I also press my thumbs into the groove where the teeth will sit to make the channel wider. When I put it into my mouth for the last stage of molding, I do not press my tongue against the back of my teeth nor do I not suck on the piece while the plastic cools. I just leave it there for a few minutes and I end the molding process by putting a piece of ice in my mouth for another few minutes.
Anyone who reads this before having tried Tap Pap is going to think that it's too involved perhaps -- but once you've tried this method for getting oxygen to your system, you will be wigged out. It truly is a masterpiece of a system. I'm not sure if the manufacturer chose a plastic that happens to have a lot of tension associated with it because it resists bacteriological growth or something??? I've really no idea and I hope they change the plastic someday. But in the meantime, I'll keep using my ever-evolving system of maintaining shape of the mouthpiece because I am in love with the Tap Pap.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.