Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] The Eliminator sleep collar
RE: The Eliminator sleep collar
Hi Cantab, looks like it arrived well on time, and you had some good results initially.

With my own el cheapo foam collar I have also noticed variable results at night.
I do use a flat pillow, rather soft.
My foam SCC sort of bunches up at the back in the occipital area.
Hence why (is that English?) I am looking for a better solution, and think the Eliminator might be it.

Whilst my SCC bunches up behind the occiput and is uncomfortable, it does force some extension of the neck.

If I spend most of my night supine I get lower AHI. Usually on nights when I didn't think I slept that deeply.

If I sleep more deeply, esp on my side with neck flexed, fetal comfy position, I still get some OA and HA but not nearly enough to worry about.
This tells me this is still positional: something that is difficult to control while I am asleep.

When I side sleep I have to scrunch up the pillow to stop the FFM from leaking and I think then after that when I go supine the pillow stays bunched up.

But I do think its' important to set the SCC to the same fit every night. On my old one I used a felt tip marker.

I think the correct SCC and pillow combination is secret, but I guess each night is different!

All the best and thanks for the feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could try this with the Eliminator till you find a scc you like better.

Tightly roll a face washcloth to the size you need to fill the space missing under the collar.(different for everyone)

Attach roll with 3 rubber band, attach roll under the collar.(rubber band)

Try on, if needed reroll till you find the right fit to be confortable.

Easy to clean, cost nothing & you have a custom fit Eliminator.

Hope this helps.

sb.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Snorybob 

The lengths we have to go to! Sort of a modern version of the long necked Kayan, perhaps. Wonder if they get sleep apnea?

Nath: how high is yours: 3.5 inch or 4 inch?

Seems like there is a market out there for SCC kits with adjustable heights. Sort of like a fitpack of cpap masks with different sizes.

You'd think this is something the major cpap manufacturers would run with. Or maybe not? I definitely don't need as high pressures when I wear my SCC....'nuf said (takes off cynical cap).

Tonight I will don my Large foam neck collar. 

A bit less comfy but at least I can take this off during the day!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Chris,

Mine is 3inchs at the highest point and 2.5inches where your chin sits.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought one of these "Eliminators" and getting it to my door in Canada was very expensive. Then I found it very hard to do up. I can do it up...just. It worked for me, but was uncomfortable. And the velcro wore out. I haven't replaced it.
I cut the toe off an old sock and put that around the strap. That made the strap more comfortable.

I'm using a Knightsbridge Dual Strap. It works and is more comfortable. I do find the results vary night to night and I need to be very careful how I put the KDS on and my mask on....
(Mentioning this here to give another alternative to anyone who needs one.)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2021, 10:37 AM)DaveL Wrote: I'm using a Knightsbridge Dual Strap.  It works and is more comfortable. I do find the results vary night to night and I need to be very careful how I put the KDS on and my mask on....
(Mentioning this here to give another alternative to anyone who needs one.)

Ive just ordered one from supplier 1 , NZ$ 93.14 shipped due 03/03/21
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cantab:

Have you given up on the Eliminator or still using it?

Just curious.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Blabok Neck Brace cervical collar ejbpesca 0 1,494 09-20-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] VELPEAU Neck Brace -Foam Cervical Collar zzzZorro 16 5,075 09-03-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  [Product Review] Corflex Ultra Cervical Collar Aludj 12 9,295 07-09-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: sailon1
Cool [Product Review] Review Futuro Sleep Collar Rice95 9 7,243 06-10-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Labromaniac
  [Product Review] Review: Core Products Foam Cervical Collar, Black Purr3k 1 2,135 06-03-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Product Review] Cervical Collar fixed much of my CA issue richdreher 2 2,527 02-13-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: richdreher
  [Product Review] Carex Cervical Collar drmaestro 2 5,493 08-06-2020, 12:52 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.