Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Proprietary ResMed A10 Power Connector Electrical Details
RE: Proprietary ResMed A10 Power Connector Electrical Details
As an digression, first positive thing on my recent sleep study/ fitting/ whatever you call it, experience were when I looked at the back of this machine and saw 24v dc. So I thought well at least thats nice. Me having native 24v in my truck and local hospital supplies one brand, one model for all, buy your own accessories. 

Anyhow, now I go from 24v dc down to 12v dc (built in) and back to 220v ac(75w cheap dx converter with fan  and modified sinewave) then down again to 24v dc this is so far from elegant that it disgusts me :-) but so far the batteries in my truck have done their job. 

Think maybe I have to buy the battery @761 usd

Sorry for this rant but I really needed to tell the world what I think of this power connector because my wife does'nt care.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heh I'd have a better chance of explaining Pulp Fiction to my wife than anything technical. "Wait, didn't he get shot in the bathroom? why are they walking out of the diner at the end? This movie sucks!" something like that...
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
scaniadriver,
The way I read your post, do you have the 12-24volt power brick for the A10?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@crimson nape
no only the 100-240 to 24 that comes with the machine. 
I've only checked the local resmed com webshop and this was not an option but now that you mention it, I checked supplier no1 and indeed dc-dc seems to come with this proprietary connector for a10. 84usd to wash 24v to 24v seems pricey but life is brutal.  thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does say Resmed on it.  That has to account for something.  Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Scania,

That is why I am trying to find the connector... 

Then go directly from 24V to A10.  No Inverter required....

I have found several references to the connector being the same as on some Dell/HP Laptops, so now I will search at some local PC repair shops.

Snoopy
Post Reply Post Reply
@snoopy,
about that I've been looking at my boss'sss lenovo adapter 20v 90w (p/n 42t4432) it looked so similar in size I just had to borrow it overnight to check. Bummer did'nt fit least not without force and I did'nt want to try.

Anyway, I'll get the original dc-dc golden brick in a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the 7.4mm/5mm connector and it fits OK. According to seller this is intended for Dell or HP laptops, but not Lenovo which may be using another plug.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will take a picture of both plugs...
Post Reply Post Reply
well google tells me lenovo connector is 7,9/5,5/11 mm least now I know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar details Dalemazkour 1 60 04-21-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 137 04-18-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 209 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 207 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,927 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Question OSCAR Technology - Install & Data Aquisition Details EasySleep 3 192 03-18-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 253 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.