Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse Oximeter
Pulse Oximeter
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good portable pulse oximeter or even just spo2 devices good for continuous monitoring at night to track apnea episodes and length. Prefer one that records and can analyze data in an app or computer. 

Want to stay informed on my stats to see what's working or not

Ty!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulse Oximeter
cms50f are popular, available from local suppliers and ebay
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
CMS 50F PLUS if you want the bluetooth version so it sends the data to your PC real-time. It is convenient if you set it up that way.

I used it one night, saw i had no issues with oxygen looking at the PC in the morning and that was the end of it.

It definitely works well and i know they are popular on the forums (which is how i talked myself into buying one) but i dont know if these are really necessary for 95% of the people here that buy them.

I used a cheapie $20 finger oximeter from amazon you put your finger in it temporary and get a reading. Unless you believe you have desaturation events, i think the watch is annoying and a waste of mental energy. I asked my wife if she wanted to wear the cms50f+ for a night after I bought it and she laughed. I think that is the right response for most people unless you know you have some oxygen troubles
Post Reply Post Reply
Thx for the info!
Post Reply Post Reply
Call Kevin Cooper at Vendor #19 for the full story. He set me up with a 50F and explained why I should not consider others that he also carries. His customer service is superb and he offered me a money-back offer when the unit did not read accurately because of a heart arrhythmia (not his fault). I declined his generous offer and have played with some workarounds. But, his knowledge and customer service were impressive in this rather impersonal CPAP vendor world. Kevin is quick to share his knowledge whether you purchase or not.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I researched this quite a bit recently and ended up with the CMS 50F for about $85 with free shipping. I skipped the CMS 50F because it was substantially more expensive and I read that the Bluetooth is used to record to a PC in realtime. The CMS 50F just records the data onto the watch and then you use a cable to download the data to your computer. The included software produces nice reports as well.

Good luck!

Jeremy
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote " I skipped the CMS 50F because it was substantially more expensive and I read that the Bluetooth is used to record to a PC in realtime."

I think you mean the CMS 50F+ or CMS 50FW here, which has a Bluetooth module added.

In addition, SleepyHead can not use the Bluetooth radio do to live recording, and can not import the data from most apps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2017, 07:04 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Quote " I skipped the CMS 50F because it was substantially more expensive and I read that the Bluetooth is used to record to a PC in realtime."

I think you mean the CMS 50F+ or CMS 50FW here, which has a Bluetooth module added.

In addition, SleepyHead can not use the Bluetooth radio do to live recording, and can not import the data from most apps.

Oops, yes, I meant to say CMS 50F+ there.  

And, yeah, it seems that the Bluetooth is mostly useless.  I think you can record with the included software but that's about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe you can pair to phone and with a supporting app get benefit from the plus. I'm fine with the cable method if it means more wallet padding Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
new option with Bluetooth is that the sensor determines a low level of cholesterol and calls for a pizza Dielaughing

I'm likely to get the non-Bluetooth version as soon as I start getting SSDI. The pulmonary Duck doesn't like any Q&A and I don't like his mis-advice.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,226 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,850 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 93 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 675 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 231 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.