Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse oximeter fun
Pulse oximeter fun
While waiting to get yet another mask to try, I got my Wellue O2 Ring Oximeter yesterday. I wore it last night without CPAP. My O2 score was 7.9, average for the night was 95%, and I spent about 3 minutes below 90%. The low was 85%, but I was awake at the time. I'm not sure what to make of that. My pulse average was 54, with a low of 47 to a high of 89. Again, I was awake when it was 89, running around getting ready for bed.

I'm not sure how bad or good those readings are. The FAQ doesn't say what a 'good' O2 score is vs. a 'bad' one. Obviously, the episodes below 90% aren't good, but they were very brief. Oddly enough, my pulse did not go up during the low O2 periods. Hopefully I can get a mask that actually works, and then mesh the OSCAR results with the O2 reports. I had read that OSCAR would work with the O2 Ring, but it didn't recognize it.

I haven't used the CPAP in 4 days, and feel great. I finally got caught up on my sleep, and am back to normal. I'm going to try a nasal pillow next. Hopefully, I can train myself to not breathe through my mouth. I am NOT going to tape my mouth shut (although I'm sure plenty of people have wanted to over the years LOL!)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulse oximeter fun
Oscar does not talk to the ring directly. You use the "O2 Insight Pro" PC application (or other appropriate tool) to download the data off the ring. See https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ile_Import for more detail.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I have the O2 software. I was led to believe that it was somehow compatible w/OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
The data is compatible with OSCAR.  Go to Data > Import Viatom Data and navigate to the O2's data directory.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Having fired my DME supplier and sleep center, I'm on my own for now. No CPAP for a while; I'm concentrating on sleeping on my side consistently to see how I do. Lately, my O2 has been great. Last night the lowest it got was 92. It very rarely drops below 90 now. I'm well aware that the O2 monitor is not diagnosing OSA, but I feel that if my nighttime O2 is good, and I feel good, then the OSA is either minimal, or not bothering me. I do wish I had a way to monitor apnea. I'm thinking about buying a used machine (I've got LOTS of masks!) so I can monitor the apnea and experiment with the therapy without dealing with the insurance company or doctors.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at Supplier #2 for excellent low hour models.  Also, Supplier #33 has new AS10 models.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the O2Ring and "O2 Insight Pro" software on Windows 10.  It works fine.  You need to load the data with the "O2 Insight Pro" software first.  The default location is C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\O2 Insight Pro\DATA\... and then point OSCAR to it with the "Data/Import Viatom Data" menu selection.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,841 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 92 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 675 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 230 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.