Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Putting ResMed Air Fit P10 on in the dark
Putting ResMed Air Fit P10 on in the dark
The pillow mask works only if one puts it on properly. It is clearly marked but one can't see the marking in the dark. The proper orientation has a slightly deeper curve on the bottom. One can also tell by the air flow through the mouth when it is on properly.
Is there any other way of telling, in the dark if one has it on right?
Sultec
Latest CPAP machine: Dream Station DSX500H11C  màsk: ResMed Air Fit P10
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Putting ResMed Air Fit P10 on in the dark
I can usually tell by touch whether I have it correct. The mask curves downwards towards the chin when on correctly vs up when on backwards and it feels quite awkward. Failing that, I shine my phone at the mask and find the marking!
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking down from the top, the P10 is slightly bowed. The concave side goes toward the face, In the dark, you can easily locate the correct orientation by placing your thumb in the concave area,
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the concave area you can feel the smooth silicone where the mask size is stamped
Post Reply Post Reply
The pillow openings converge at the top and are wider at the bottom. This is easily felt by sliding your finger through the middle of the openings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put a smnall piece of black duct tape on the left siude of the headband. i can feel that in the dark bedroom so i know which way is which.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2019, 08:44 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The pillow openings converge at the top and are wider at the bottom. This is easily felt by sliding your finger through the middle of the openings.

Ditto -- this is quick & easy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find establishing the curvature of the P10 in the middle of the night challenging, so I use the raised Resmed lettering on the diffuser. It is on the outside, away from your face. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the top side of the mask where the hose enters it, there is an extra hard plastic lip about 1/2 inch deep or so between the hose and the mask. If you feel the bottom of the tube/mask, there is no plastic lip at all. This makes it very easy to make sure you're putting on your P10 the right way in the dark. - I hope this helps someone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2019, 10:10 AM)eplantz Wrote: I put a smnall piece of black duct tape on the left siude of the headband. i can feel that in the dark bedroom so i know which way is which.

Exactly what I did, except I used medical tape, and wrapped it around the part of the split strap that I wear toward my forehead.  In the dark, it's easy to feel which section of the split strap should be toward the front of my face, while the other section goes around the back of my head.  I've submerged it many times and the tape hasn't yet come off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Anxiety when putting on mask Spike9726 3 572 01-12-2022, 10:31 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Really new, left in dark by doctors ConorRyan2612 18 1,696 11-26-2021, 10:01 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Self Diagnosis and stumbling in the dark Strawman 23 2,301 10-02-2020, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Canuck 2
  Putting on full face mask regbeach 4 1,384 07-12-2017, 11:38 PM
Last Post: regbeach
  Cleaning the Dreamstation reusable dark blue filter KCap 5 13,682 01-10-2017, 04:20 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  In Praise of a Dark Hand Towel Dennis of the NorthWet 5 4,162 11-14-2016, 08:51 AM
Last Post: tzk321
  dark blips on waveforms Inspired 3 1,349 03-31-2016, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Inspired

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.