Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about flow rate graph
Question about flow rate graph
Hi,  attached a pic of my flow rate, expanded for inspection.   It looks to me like my inhale is ragged.   I would think the upward curve should be smooth but it almost looks like a double step.   Should I interpret this to be something amiss with my inhale?   Kinda weird to me.   Looks like a slow longish double inhale then a sudden exhale?  

Mx = 12
Mn = 5
Epr = 2

Another few days and I'll be going to min of 7 and epr of 3 but learning and watching how data changes as I make setting changes.

Thanks again,

Don

Forgot the pic!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about flow rate graph
How was the leakage at this time?
Post Reply Post Reply
Leak rate is like 0.   Flow limits are less than 0.20.   I expected to see my flow rate to look like a series of hills, reflecting a slowing increasing pressure followed by a slowly decreasing pressure.   Instead, I see the double peaks in the graph during inhale and can't explain why.
Post Reply Post Reply
Additional EPR may smooth out some of the respiration, but this flow chart does not look bad. We don't know what kind of pressure you received at this snapshot. Your minimum should be 6.0 with EPR 2, or 7.0 with EPR 3 in order to benefit from the the full pressure relief. This chart shows a relatively long-flat peak inspiratory flow, but it's not possible to infer that it is flow limited and appears in the normal spectrum. As far as being ragged, the flow rate consists of many individual data points and when looking at this resolution, it may not appear smooth. We also often see cardioballistic artifacts and other irregularities in flow charts at this resolution. Nothing unusual here.

A zoomed graph is much more useful to see the full suite of data, especially when including mask pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SR!

Its just unexpected.  Like others, I am trying to figure out how to get information from the data.   Appreciate your thoughts on it.

-Don
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a followup ...

Mx = 12
Mn = 6
Epr = 2
AHI = 0.4

Raising the min pressure made a huge difference.  The flow rate didn't smooth out but most everything improved, e.g. flow limits, snore, etc.   Feel good and I think my TMJ approves of the change too.

Thanks, Don
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 15 729 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 378 Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 76 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 298 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 271 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 359 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 193 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.