Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about sleep study results
RE: Question about sleep study results
Nwgarne, post a daily detail chart from OSCAR and we will take a look at your actual pressure reange and if/why pressure went up. We can also look at opportunities to reduce pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2019, 10:54 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Nwgarne, post a daily detail chart from OSCAR and we will take a look at your actual pressure reange and if/why pressure went up.  We can also look at opportunities to reduce pressure.

So I will not have my SD card till tomorrow.  I had an AHI of 5.9 and 4.3 of that was CA last night with settings of 13-20cmh2o and EPR 3.  i think the combination of the EPR and the high pressure were the source of my discomfort last night.  I took a nap this afternoon with settings Ramp auto starting at 8cmh2o and 10-20cmh2o.  I had an AHI of 0 after an hour nap and no discomfort from aerophagia in that short time. So I will try those settings again for tonight and once I get my SD card I will post the OSCAR reports the following day.  thank y'all for the help and I'm looking forward to a better nights sleep tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2019, 03:44 PM)Nwgarne Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 10:54 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Nwgarne, post a daily detail chart from OSCAR and we will take a look at your actual pressure reange and if/why pressure went up.  We can also look at opportunities to reduce pressure.

So I will not have my SD card till tomorrow.  I had an AHI of 5.9 and 4.3 of that was CA last night with settings of 13-20cmh2o and EPR 3.  i think the combination of the EPR and the high pressure were the source of my discomfort last night.  I took a nap this afternoon with settings Ramp auto starting at 8cmh2o and 10-20cmh2o.  I had an AHI of 0 after an hour nap and no discomfort from aerophagia in that short time. So I will try those settings again for tonight and once I get my SD card I will post the OSCAR reports the following day.  thank y'all for the help and I'm looking forward to a better nights sleep tonight.

What was the  upper range of pressure?  I think it's fair to reduce the maximum pressure.  It really depends on what is driving the pressure.  The Autoset responds strongly to flow limitation, and I suspect that is what is happening.  Once we have charts we can verify and make you more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2019, 05:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 03:44 PM)Nwgarne Wrote:

What was the  upper range of pressure?  I think it's fair to reduce the maximum pressure.  It really depends on what is driving the pressure.  The Autoset responds strongly to flow limitation, and I suspect that is what is happening.  Once we have charts we can verify and make you more comfortable.

Last night I went with settings ramp auto starting at 8cmh2o pressure settings of 10-20cmh2o and epr 2. My air lists the pressure at 10.9. Not sure if that is 95% or what that means. I had an AHI of 2.1 last night and CAI of 1.4. Barely any aerophagia effects this morning and none that kept me awake/woke me up. My SD card arrives today so tomorrow I can post OSCAR data but I feel much better than yesterday. And slept well for the first time in idk how long.
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably obvious, but go by how you feel right now. If the current settings feel positive, keep that for now. With OSCAR data that you can post tomorrow, then we'd have info to guide settings changes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2019, 09:05 AM)ragtopcircus Wrote: You should also read the sticky/Wiki articles about cervical collars. Chin tucking is a very common problem, and it will cause your pressure to go higher.

If you can avoid tucking your chin, and sleep on your side if possible, you may be able to keep your pressure from going as high, and that will help with aerophagia.

You may need to limit your maximum pressure for a little while to give your body a chance to adapt. This is what we are doing with my fiancée. I’m limiting the maximum to the bare minimum that gets her AHI down to somewhat reasonable levels. She really needs to go a little higher, but then she wakes up swallowing air. My plan is to just slowly nudge the maximum up by the smallest possible steps.

It’s hard to make a call on that without SD data though.

You didn’t mention the mask type, but a full face mask may help some with aerophagia. We switched Kim from nasal to an F20, and it definitely helped (by eliminating that big pressure difference between the mouth and throat).
here is a screen shot of my OSCAR data from last night.  And yes I have the F20 mask. I think my pressure was way too high.  I have lost 50lbs between my titration study and getting my CPAP.  No aerophagia last night. My ahi was probably better than reported by OSCAR because couple of the events were preceded by large leaks when i had to scratch my face.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks as though you’ve found a sweet spot, though of course I will defer to the experts. It’s especially encouraging that you’ve had some restful sleep. Any chance you can sleep longer? Five and a half hours isn’t enough for anyone. Just think how great you’d feel with 8!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2019, 09:50 PM)Dormeo Wrote: It looks as though you’ve found a sweet spot, though of course I will defer to the experts.  It’s especially encouraging that you’ve had some restful sleep. Any chance you can sleep longer?  Five and a half hours isn’t enough for anyone. Just think how great you’d feel with 8!

Yes I can sleep longer. I had just finished coaching a football game so I was extra late getting to bed. The night b4 I got my SD card I got 9 hrs of sleep lol. I’ll post some full nights and see if anything changes. I appreciate the comments and encouragement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I have been using the machine for 15 nights now.  My AHI has been below 1 all but once or twice since my first night.  I have tried the F20 both AirFit and AirTouch as well as the F30.  They all have delivered good results but the AirTouch is by far the most comfortable.  I the last couple days I have started feeling better and more well rested.  Not like what I expected but better than before getting the machine.  I'm at work right now but I hope to post a couple more screen shots either tonight or tomorrow.  I appreciate all of yalls help, from the people who have responded here to anyone who has written a post that I have read. (And thats a lot of posts) 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Wonderful to hear you’re starting to make such good progress!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.