Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question for stomach sleepers??????
Question for stomach sleepers??????
What mask works best for you?????
I sleep on my stomach and am having a horrible time getting used to my Swift FX nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question for stomach sleepers??????
I sleep with a full face Mask Resmed Quatro. I also try not to sleep on my stomach. I find I do not get a very restfull nights sleep even with the mask and machine.
Someone once asked me how I adjusted to CPAP so well--I thought for a moment and said I had two choices CPAP or DEATH..The choice was easy..
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2012, 07:32 AM)antcyd Wrote: What mask works best for you?????
I sleep on my stomach and am having a horrible time getting used to my Swift FX nasal pillows.

To solve this problem I ended up routing the hose up towards my forehead, where it then attaches to the strap that's across the top of my head, and then up and over the top of my headboard.

I don't know if this hose-routing option is available to you with your mask, but if it is you might want to try it. Or try a different mask that allows you to route your hose this way.

The other thing that helps me is a small pillow, like the papillow, so that I can let my nose hang over the side of the pillow, so to speak.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am quite new to CPAP, but have found that with nasal pillows...don't know what kind they gave me, that I can sleep on my belly. I use two pillows, and the one right under my head, I place long ways, and pulled back so that my mask is off the edge of that second pillow. Then, I put my hand where it needs to be to keep the mask in place, scrunch my head position til the mask holds there. I also found that I got a better sleep by threading my hose through the iron work of me headboard. Oh, and also with my trial machine, it does not tell me if I have any leaks. Soon I will get my own machine, and may find this is not really working as well as I think...lol. Hoping it is working cuz that is how I get to sleep quickest.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2012, 09:55 PM)Sleepster Wrote: To solve this problem I ended up routing the hose up towards my forehead, where it then attaches to the strap that's across the top of my head, and then up and over the top of my headboard.

This is an excellent idea and works for me.

Thanks so much!

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the advice about rerouting the hose, I put it thru my metal headboard so its above my head instead of off to the side and that has helped sooooo much!! thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 404 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,152 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Side Sleepers vs Back Sleepers cmpman1974 16 1,496 09-14-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: car54
  Leaks and mask displacement for side-to-stomach sleepers. Tape down nasal pillows? Bostonsnow 0 633 08-13-2023, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow
  AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach chris94546 2 573 07-29-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Recommended nasal pillows for side sleepers Bostonsnow 3 1,154 07-04-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Lots of mask leak and severe bloating / stomach pain upon waking. What can I do? exchanged 6 757 05-02-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: cdplatt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.