Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question on data interpretation/meaning - flow rate
Question on data interpretation/meaning - flow rate
Hi - I'd love any thoughts on one piece of my OSCAR data. First, a few months ago, reading the wiki and these boards led me to start using a neck collar, which, after ~20 yrs of using a BiPAP, finally solved a huge problem and my AHI has gone to nearly 0. However, I'm really no less tired than I used to be. I know my sleep still isn't great - apneas aside, I know I wake up a lot - turning over and going right back to sleep. It seems like the flow rate is an important graph, and although my doctor says he's not concerned about it, it seems like it confirms a lot of waking via the spikes in the data. So despite having few 'events' now, I still don't feel much, if any, improvement. Last night's attached event and flow rate graphs are pretty typical. Is the flow rate graph problematic for me? Maybe it's irrelevant since I know I'm waking up a bunch and just need a solution to stop doing that somehow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question on data interpretation/meaning - flow rate
I just don't think that you can gulp that much air , so I really think you're looking at something like Full blown leakage when you shift around, and then reset the mask and fall back to sleep. I can't imagine this being Something that is happening while you're sleeping, Rather, it's when you woke, and trying to turn over. If you want we can look at a 3 minute chunk of that flow to see if we can confirm.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question on data interpretation/meaning - flow rate
First, thanks for your response. I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying, especially since some of the flow rate peaks don't coincide with a recorded leak. But here are two closeups of ~3 minute periods from last night - one that coincided with a 2-second leak and one that didn't.

Thanks again-

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 99 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 264 Yesterday, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 315 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,412 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 113 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.