Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Husband's August Therapy
My Husband's August Therapy
Here are a couple of screenshots from my husband's recent nights.  The AHI of 0.57 shows high variable breathing and lots of leaks, but so does the one with 10.42 AHI.  He has suddenly shown lots of high AHIs this month, 9.99, etc.  He has not had high AHIs in the past, so we are trying to figure out why they are so high now. It seems that we have to find a cause for the high leaking in any case, but do you see anything else that will help?

Any advice or ideas?

[attachment=53617]
[attachment=53618]
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Husband's August Therapy
The lower night a lot of positional apnea.  Positional apnea can NOT be controlled by pressure changes.  You have to find out what position you are getting into and cutting off your own airway.  Have you changed your sleep position?  Sleeping on your back?  Using more (or new) pillows?  These things can cause positional apnea by chin dropping to your sternum and cutting your airway.  Think of it of a kinked hose – nothing can get through – you have to unkink the hose…

IF you can’t make a simple change like changing to a flatter pillow helps then you will need a collar.  I have a link to collars in my signature at the bottom of the page.  It shows people who are not wearing a collar and the SAME person wearing a collar.  There is a huge difference between the two.

Because one night had almost no Positional apnea and the next had huge amount, It is most possibly something he can change like sleep position (sleeping on his back) or changing back to lower pillows.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Husband's August Therapy
How long has your husband used PAP? How did you arrive at the current settings he's on? Can you show us a trend in the statistics section of OSCAR for AHI, leak, flow limit, etc?

Has anything else changed that you can think of? The position he sleeps in, different bed, new health complication, change in routine, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,714 1 hour ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 60 10 hours ago
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 210 Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 246 Yesterday, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 993 Yesterday, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dormivi
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,664 Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 98 04-23-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.