Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions re Resmed 9 Motor life exceeded and more
Questions re Resmed 9 Motor life exceeded and more
Hi all. I have a few questions re my Resmed 9. 
1) My machine is saying "motor life exceeded". Will the machine run until the motor actually fails? How long can I expect it to run for?
2) Can I replace the motor? I am handy. Who can I buy it from? Or do I need to take it to a repair center? How to video? 
3) The hinges on my humidifier are loose. Any trick to tighten? Do I have to buy a new one? From where?
4) Is the heat setting and humidity settings pretty much the same or similar thing? I have changed those settings and they seem to do the same thing.
5) My mouth gets dry, so is the pressure too high? I have it set for 7/14 pressure. Is one or the other too high? Which one?

Answers to any of the above would be very much appreciated. TY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions re Resmed 9 Motor life exceeded and more
1. It is a warning that your machine has had a lot of use. How long can you expect it to last, somewhere between 5 minutes and 10 years, there is no way of knowing.
2. If you can get the parts I'm sure you could replace it. Most would send it to a repair center.
3. Replace it. A search should fi d one
4.yes they are
5. Download OSCAR and post your nightly charts. That will let us see what is going on. Pressure has little to do with your troubles, leaks maybe.

Consider repeating this machine to backup duty and getting a new machine. There are now 2 susequnt generations.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions re Resmed 9 Motor life exceeded and more
Thank you so much .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New - so many questions Matsu1 5 317 1 hour ago
Last Post: Matsu1
  EPR questions juniper 5 192 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 175 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  ResMed blower motor disassembly PinehillJoe 3 85 04-15-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 106 16,984 04-06-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Restrepo
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 151 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,403 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.