Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions to ask between at-home study and consult visit?
RE: Questions to ask between at-home study and consult visit?
Stay in touch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are there any suggestions to make an argument for bipap over apap? I am asthmatic (and why Bonjour recommended bipap), but it's under control with minimal management. My doctor may want a stronger reason?

Is it typical that insurance would cover bipap with an asthma cormorbidity or, even if my physician approved bipap, would I still face a likely insurance denial? If looking at a likely initial insurance denial, is decision really insurance covered apap vs. cash purchase bipap?
Post Reply Post Reply
The increased difference between inhale and exhale would facilitate a stronger exhale and a stronger inhale. As I said I feel the stronger Exhale could support your Asthma which is why I suggested a call to your pulmonologist. A sleep Doctor who is a pulmonologist would likely stick with conventional APAP/CPAP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the Dr prescribes a bi level machine I would think insurance will go along. If not you would be given a Cpap so I see no reason why you would not push your Dr for a bi level machine
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2020, 07:01 PM)bonjour Wrote: Get a recording oximeter that is compatible with OSCAR, Your Oxygen levels are low enough that I would want to validate that the CPAP/AutoSet corrected your pre-CPAP low O2 levels.

Quick update that my physician decided I should have the Airsense 10 Autoset instead of the AirCurve bipap. He also wants me to have the heated tube and that's fine. I'm in the ordering process.

I've been looking for oximeters and was surprised to see that the ResMed oximeter package costs $999 for the module, hardware, etc. I've seen CONTECs discussed. I've also read about a list in OSCAR of compatible oximeters but cannot find the list. Any help finding the compatibility list would be greatly appreciated!

When using a compatible oximeter does OSCAR sync the machine and oximeter data itself or does that require manual tinkering to line up time liness? I assume the resmed $1k addon spits out all data on same time line, adding some value to an all-in-one. Or is it unnecessary to sync timeliness (if only looking at saturation through lens of frequencies/lows/lengths)?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed oximeter adds its data as additional channels to the standard channels.  The CMS-50 D+ (plus), F, and I models work with OSCAR.  I have switched to the Wellue (Viatom) oximeters, which is also able to be incorporated with your OSCAR data.  The CMS-50F, I, and the Wellue models have onboard clocks that need to be set as close to the CPAP clock as possible.  This is achieved by syncing to your computer's time when they are connected to it.  The CMS-50D+ doesn't have a clock and you have to specify the starting time in OSCAR. It has been awhile since I've used a CMS-50 series, but I think it provides you the option to use a starting session's time in lieu of its time stamp.

If you are interested in the Wellue, look in the Commercial Forum section for a 20% discount coupon.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see benefits of spending $1K for the ResMed oximeter kit if these other alternatives are as good. I'd go with these others that cost reasonable amounts of cash.

Sounds like the Duck is bullheaded and won't cooperate on the BPAP. quack quack...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For 100 dollars you can buy a cms 50f that records pulse and 02 levels all night and imports to OSCAR easy. There are also others for about 150
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 5 135 5 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 145 6 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 3 94 7 hours ago
Last Post: sabletaurus
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,342 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 355 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 206 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,250 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.