Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REQ - Analysis of my OSCAR DreamStation Data
REQ - Analysis of my OSCAR DreamStation Data
I've been using my machine for some years now and am generally pleased...though I tend to have my AHI in the 1.5-3 range (sometimes a wee bit higher) and it seems that under 1 is the range to shoot for.

Here are some random screen grabs...hopefully these can help. Thank you all for any input!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REQ - Analysis of my OSCAR DreamStation Data
Your results are pretty good, and fairly typical for Philips auto CPAP which seems to flag more hypopnea than Resmed. I think a lot of that has to do with the Philips use of Flex rather than the bilevel approach to pressure by Resmed. What is your Flex setting?

Just to be clear, many members here consistently get less than 1 AHI from night to night. That is not some new standard that we set for efficacy. Personally, I'm not concerned if my results occasionally go higher. I have had results as high as 3, but my average is currently trending downward from 1 to 0.5. Results are much better expressed as quality of sleep and whether there is anything that needs to be resolved in therapy to avoid disruption, discomfort or frequent arousals. That does not seem to be a problem for you. If the next time you get a machine, you acquire a Resmed, I can fairly well guarantee that at the same settings your AHI will be about half of your current average. The fact you are "generally pleased" with therapy really is the mark of success.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your response!

My Flex is set to 3 - would you have a recommendation on that?

Would you suggest any other adjustments?

Just to be clear, you're stating that a Resmed machine would show a better AHI but it wouldn't necessarily be better treatment at the same settings than a DreamStation?

Thank you again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sprangstreet, I have found Flex setting of 3 is more disruptive to my sleep, and prefer a setting of 1 or 2 with a Philips machine. Philips Flex works differently from Resmed EPR and the difference between a setting of 2 and 3 is not pressure but timing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your comment.  I will test out a lower setting for Flex.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I just upgraded from a Remstar Auto with 36K hours to a new DS Auto. Just getting settled in, and have started using Oscar.

My old machine never had any of these Flex programs, and for the first couple of days, I tried A-1, A-2, then C-1, C-2, and to round things out, I turn off Flex all together. I found that my worse AHI was running A-2, and my best was Flex off. Not sure if this common with others?

I think in my case, my body was so used to the constant I/E pressure that the Flex was just tripping up my rhythm. While I might give C-1 (second lowest AHI) another chance down the road, I think I'm going to stick with Flex off for a while.

I guess my point is, to try a few settings and see what works best for you. You too might find that Flex off might be a viable option that's worth trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flex 2 seems to be worse than Flex 3 for me.

I will keep on experimenting.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just keep in mind that there are two Flex schemes, "A" and "C". "A" for the most part has been problematic and panned by a greater number of folks. "C" Flex from what I can see seems to be the better option for alot of folks. But again, test, test, test!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 49 7 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,419 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.