Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RERA .6 or so, Respiration 35-50?
RE: RERA .6 or so, Respiration 35-50?
Identified cause of high respiration rates. Somehow I had selected antibacterial filter-on. When I switched it to off max respiration dropped from 50 to 27.

Bonjour - please look at the above graphs and give me some more advice.  Pat
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your AHI?  Please include a full night view along with the Event Stat chart
Post Reply Post Reply
Here they are. Please let me know if I need to post something else. Pat

Is this the events stat chart you asked for?  Pat
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump for Bonjour.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel? The numbers are all good. Changes should reflect eliminating symptoms, not chasing numbers.

On numbers I would increase PS a bit, to 4, to eliminate the last remnants of the RERAs, An increase in pressure may do the same. But as I said above, Changes should reflect eliminating symptoms, not chasing numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last few days I have felt better than usual later in the days. Oddly, the last two nights were not so good with many events in the last 1-1 1/2 hours of sleep. I don't remember dreaming then so I don't know what caused it.

You suggested raising pressure support to 4. Please explain. Pressures now are 14/18 with EPR at 3.

Also, note that I updated my profile to s10 Auto from s9. I forgot to do that before the original post on this subject.

Thank you again for your help. I finally feel like we are getting somewhere better after so many years of no change in how I feel.

No doctor or NP has been able to determine why I go into a brain fog after I am up for 1/2 hour or so and stay that way until I go to bed at night.

Pat
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:You suggested raising pressure support to 4. Please explain. Pressures now are 14/18 with EPR at 3.
Pressure Support (PS) is the difference between EPAP and IPAP, Exhale and Inhale pressure.  It is used in Titration protocols to optimize treatment of Flow Limitations, RERAs, Hypopneas. EPR, as you are using it, applies a PS of 3 cmw.  Since your machine is a ResMed CPAP this value cannot be increased.  In making recommendations I always consider ResMed CPAP machines as BiLevel machines limited to 3 cmw of pressure support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred, I think Crowman would certainly benefit from the higher pressure support of bilevel, which would also help with the hypopnea and persistent flow limitation. It's interesting that the Airsense 10 is not marking the flow limitations as expected, probably because there is almost no normal baseline inspiration. The causes of inspiratory flow limitation should be investigated by Crowman's doctor, however, I see some suggestion of positional issues with clusters of H and OA, and wonder if that might not be worth looking into.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 93 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 4 252 03-31-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 232 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 868 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 339 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 11 586 02-08-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 508 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.