Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RERA question
RE: RERA question
I am not certain if you'd benefit, but a few examples I can think of are 2 actual pressures in the bi-level. PS has a greater range than 3 as in EPR. Either can be a benefit for some users.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is an example of where someone feels therapy is working well, and that is probably good enough. It is certainly not our objective to persuade you do advanced therapy when what you're doing is working for you. There are indicators that normally result in fatigue, headaches and other issues, but if that is not happening for you, then keep on with your current therapy strategy. Let us know if you are ever in the market for a change. As far as your RERA questions, I hope my answers have helped.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate all of your input. My current setting of 10-12 seems to working well for me, so I will just keep on with this and see how it goes. I am sleeping well and feel rested the next day.
Post Reply Post Reply
That certainly works. I don't want you to change something just to change it. Or if you want it another way, don't fix what ain't broke.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2020, 11:54 AM)Deweym Wrote: Does this mean that all RERA data is not correct or just the length of each event? for example my RERA events show 1.23 per hour. Is this correct?

It is just the length that is wrong. The number and timing of the RERAs are as reported by the CPAP machine.  The ResMed machines do not report a length for RERAs and OSCAR (and before that Sleepyhead) was reporting a length of 0 as meaning "no data here."  That's fixed in the latest release of OSCAR and the false data of (0) will not be shown.

OSCAR 1.1.1 will not show the (0) for RERAs or Hypopneas as it is not real data.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I upgrade or do I just go online and download the latest version?
Post Reply Post Reply
I did the download the new version and erased the old on the PC. Since I don't track my data, I did not bother to import other than a new day or 2 into the new version.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2020, 09:13 PM)Deweym Wrote: How do I upgrade or do I just go online and download the latest version?

Yes, just go to the Download Oscar link at the end of this message, or click on "OSCAR" at the top of the page and that will take you to the page showing the installers.  Download the installer for your platform, run it, and the new version will install.  Your old data will be kept.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. I wasn't expecting this. High rera and flow limit.
I have been thinking about getting a fitness tracker to wear at night. Anyone doing this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
So the question is How do you feel?  Forget the numbers, forget the RERAs, How do you feel?

The answer will indicate if we need to go down the proverbial rabbit hole.
Seeing the RERAs and the Flow Limits I'm looking at increasing the EPR to 3, the max, but it's already there.

My typical actions are to all reasonable action to reduce/eliminate the flow limits and RERAs.  Done!

The rabbit hole is do you get a BiLevel such as the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto which is the Gold Star machine for this.  To do so or not depends of how you subjectively feel!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 245 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Respiratory effort- related arousals (RERA's) MrIvanDrago 3 763 11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  PLM pattern or RERA spikes? permabear 35 2,366 08-20-2023, 03:24 PM
Last Post: permabear
  [CPAP] What's the best CPAP for reducing RERA events Anthon 1 617 08-11-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Persistent OA, Hypoapneas and RERA events despite Pressure Increase chewielotuses 7 1,062 04-23-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  High mask pressure causing RERA? webweaver 2 1,122 12-15-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Arrow AHI < 1.0 now, but still tired? Is it UARS, RERA, arousals or FL in your FR peaks? 2SleepBetta 57 12,878 11-09-2022, 02:28 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.