Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RPI4 font preferences not maintained between starts of OSCAR
RE: RPI4 font preferences not maintained between starts of OSCAR
As you might imagine, that's not what I wanted to hear.  But that's ok.  I truly appreciate the effort put in to date by both of you.  (Guy and Phil.)  This current build is still improved over the stock, save for the little font annotation.  )git pull done at 9:50am.)  Can you tell me how to turn off the print to screen of the current selected font?  I mean the text PibotoLt,10,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0 over the orange bar.  I'll just make a local edit in my repo.

If you would be so kind, could you point me to the area in the source that deals with setting the fonts for the daily tab?  Maybe I can fiddle around there.  Worst thing that could happen is I give up and just do a git pull to blow it all away.  Maybe by spending some time on this I can come up to speed on OSCAR and be able to contribute later in a meaningful way.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
In daily.cpp, the two lines at 1652 and 1653 insert the font name into the table. Just comment them out.

Further down, in lines 1663 and 1666, you will find 'font size=+3' (twice in line 1663 !!) - change the 3 to 2 or 1 to reduce the size of the AHI banner line.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  Greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
My goodness, haven't found the secret decoder ring...  By that I mean, it isn't obvious to this beginner what many things are called.  

I made my changes and they came out ok.  Nothing blew up, there was no smoke, nor any tears.  I'm going to count that as success,

What are the name of the variables (or whatever it is called) that holds the manufacturer name, the machine name, the machine mode and the machine setting strings?  I'm thinking of altering the look so it is more vertically compact.  

Going to need a lot more seat time, before I get an inkling of what's going on.  Can I presume the only documentation is the source itself?  It's not a bad thing, but I was wondering if there were any big picture descriptions, if you know what I mean.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 151 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Session Preferences srlevine1 0 425 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 618 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  [Solved]: OSCAR-Opening a second profile - Font messes up KeepSmiling 5 696 09-30-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Font too small in statistics window DanEm 2 631 06-03-2022, 02:10 PM
Last Post: DanEm
  OSCAR preferences for flagging HR & SpO2 events? cathyf 5 830 06-20-2021, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
Angry Saving OSCAR preferences derekpotter 13 1,135 06-18-2021, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.