Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rainout problem
RE: Rainout problem
Don’t think putting a cover on a heated hose will solve the problem. I have my A10 on manual, humidity on 1 and hose on 60 degrees. When room temp is 60F or lower no rainout. In fact I have never had rainout with a heated hose.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Covering the hose with a fleece cover makes it more comfortable to sleep with, but is not essential for heated tubes. You need to keep the tube surface higher than the dew point for the humidity you put through it, and that will be in the 78 to 80 degree range. The tube doesn't warm the air, it warms the walls of the tube, so don't worry about breathing hot air. Besides 80 degrees is well below body temperature. The other thing to do is to route the tube up from the CPAP to allow water to drain back. Using a hose hanger (I just tie mine to the headboard using a lanyard) allows the tube to drain if needed and keeps it out of the way allowing your to move as you sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All excellent tips!

I'll throw a curveball in there. I reduced my rainout significantly, but I still experience it periodically. I've experienced rainout in all of the masks I've used. Rainout has been the least startling and bothersome with the Brevida nasal mask. The way the Brevida is designed, the drops of water can roll around inside the mask but never comes into my nostrils!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 109 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,475 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 393 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.