Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rainout with Climateline and Warm Room Temp.
Rainout with Climateline and Warm Room Temp.
I am using the Resmed Vauto with the Climateline hose and am having rainout when I set the humidity manually (woke up to water sputtering sounds and droplets in mask).  

My settings at time of rainout:
- Vauto mode
-humidifier at 8
-tube temperature at 81 F
-my room temperature is consistently 77 F (my room AC is auto set to 77 F)
-machine is on a bedside table that is lower than my bed. 

I have not experienced rain out when the Climate Ctrl is on Auto.  But I would like to have more humidity due to a dry nose, so this is why I would like to use the manual Climate Ctrl to manually set the humidity.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rainout with Climateline and Warm Room Temp.
Try setting the humidifier to 7 and see what happens. Might have to try 6 if not. Or you can also try increasing the hose temp.

Typically, if you feel you need more humidity, you slowly raise the humidifier one setting at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Isn’t 8 as high as it can go?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, 8 is maxed out and probably well beyond a reasonable setting. In Auto mode, the humidifier is targeting to maintain a humidity level of 85% regardles of the environmental humidity, so unless there is a massive leak or other issue going on, going to 5 or maybe 6 should be more than enough. Going straight from Auto to 8 is certainly causing the rainout without a proportional increase in the hose temp as well. Imho, only go as high as you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've found the humidifier settings on Resmed when using climateline to be pointless (and partially defeating the purpose of having climateline!). Better to just set climate control to Auto and adjust the tube temperature to the lowest you are comfortable with - increasing the tube temp with auto humidity increases water consumption so may improve your dry nose.

Brownell (UK) have an interesting summary on the Basics of Humidity, Relative Humidity and Temperature. For a given relative humidity (such as the 85% RH that climateline tries to maintain in auto climate control mode) water content increases with temperature.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try this, thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the information and suggestion!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have mine set to 28C (which is 82.4F) for a humidity setting of 4, and never any rainout, even in humid England's attempt at a summer! I'd definitely look at reducing the humidity setting some, and increasing the tube temperature.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  [Equipment] ResMed rainout help Sorcha 2 383 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How do I stop this rainout?!?! Please help tierdal 17 1,204 12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Rainout prevention - dry mouth issue BlueSky1958 5 583 11-22-2023, 10:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,075 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsense 11 and climateline o2 Teeleidor 5 548 09-26-2023, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.