Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ramp Time
Ramp Time
I asked about this on the other well known forum, but didn't get a solution.

I downloaded the data from the SD card of my new AS11 to ResScan for the first time last week.  I produced a report to take to my doctor.

The statistics report showed I had a ramp time of 20 minutes.  I've never used a ramp time.  I checked the machine settings, and it shows that the ramp time is set to OFF.

Any idea why the report is showing 20 minutes, when ramp time is set to OFF? Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ramp Time
That happened to me also.

It appears that the ramp time may have been set in the system summary data at the time the sd card was formatted, and the device does not update any subsequent changes. I am unsure if you would need to reset the entire device to change the setting. Perhaps someone has a better answer. I just ignore my 5-min entry as my ramp is set as off.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
This is an issue for the resmed loader. When the ramp is set to Off or Auto, the Ramp Time should be ignored. I believe it is fixed for Auto, and I'll have to look at doing the same for Off.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting - I have been using mine a bit over a week now and wondered about that - The VA gave me my machine so I thought they had locked the setting or something.    I know they initially set it to the 6-16 the doc prescribed and that seems to be working well.
Post Reply Post Reply
TNJon, nothing is locked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp24i4sZyUs
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 5 56 5 hours ago
Last Post: johnathanb76
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 61 997 8 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 177 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 122 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 267 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 297 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,962 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.