Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recent decline in cpap therapy
Recent decline in cpap therapy
            I have been a CPAP user since 2006 with mostly decent results.  Unfortunately, in the last 3 weeks my cpap therapy has left me zombie like.  I have tried to take a deep dive into my data to understand the problem, but I need help.  I use a swift fx mask.  I tried going from Med to Large and it did not improve much.  I tried switching to a P10 for a night and it did not help.  I tried a chin strap for a night and it was worse.  I have low AHI but I do have a leak.  The leak rate has not changed over time, so I am not sure if that is the cause.  I have raised the min pressure from 6 to 7 and it still is not solving the issue.  I would really appreciate some help.  I am struggling.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recent decline in cpap therapy
On first sight looks like mouth breathing (air leaking). 

Tape up?
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be interesting to see an example of therapy from when you thought it was better. You are using auto pressure in a fairly wide range with no EPR. I'm sure you'd be more comfortable with limiting that pressure to a narrower range and adding EPR. Pressure is moving on flow limitations, and EPR can reduce that problem significantly and increase the quality of sleep by reducing respiratory effort related arousals. So lets turn on EPR full-time, setting 2 and see if that helps.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Sleeprider,

Thank You for your EPR suggestion.  I will definitely try that.  What pressure range do you think I should have?
Post Reply Post Reply
My impression is you could do just fine with a range of minimum 8.0 maximum 12.0, but just keep the 7.0 minimum pressure for now and we can look at those results with EPR before making a change.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I will give that a try.  I really appreciate you prompt replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your comments.  Last night I tried the chin strap again, and it was really not very comfortable.  I think it cut down on the time I was leaking 45M vs 2H and somewhat on the amount of leak, but my sleep quality was difficult and some other stats spiked.

I did order a CPAPMax 2.0 pillow when this started and that just arrived today!  I am hoping that might help.  One of the issues I did not mention is that in the middle of the night I need to turn on my side and put an earplug in one ear to block out noise from nearby snoring....I think I am getting more leaks when I am on my side, I hope the pillow will help.  Interesting fact, two earplugs interferes with the mask pressure.

Also, I had a big issue with dry mouth that I had not had before.  I did add EPR 1 so I am not sure if it was the chin strap of that.  Please note big spike in pressures.    

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,074 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 171 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.