Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendations for new BIPAP machine
RE: Recommendations for new BIPAP machine
The LVEF rate on the echo needs to be over 45% to get the ASV. That number is pretty easy to pass unless your heart is in poor shape, which in that case you'd know already the hearts in a bad way. My first echo to get the ASV in 2017 was 55%. A change to a new cardiac doc last year netted me a new echo and nuclear stress test. LVEF 63% and a new heart condition called PVC. I missed this thread somehow, even so yes the ASV is what you should have been on for a while already. Some past Dr. Dolittle missed the Centrals to point out the easy Obstructive that we all seem to have.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back again.  Due to the Philips situation, it seems that my supplier (Pacific Pulmonary) and other suppliers in that network, have put a hold on all orders, regardless of manufacturer (and right when I was armed with a prescription from my primary doc for a ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV.).  Since I currently use a Philips System One, and the general wisdom seems to be "stop using the machine", I'm stuck.  IMHO, I anticipate at least several months before Philips straightens this out.  So - I'm now thinking of self-financing an ASV machine.  Sleeprider, you mentioned/suggested a lightly used ResMed ASV from Supplier #2.  You happen to know if that outfit is still in business?  I haven't been able to find them.  If they're gone, any particular suggestions for another reliable vendor?

My primary doc knew little or nothing re Philips situation.  I talked to him, he did some reading, called and said to stop using my Philips machine.  I do that, and I'm toast

On the plus side, had an echo cardio a few months ago.  Report says all OK, including all valves. 
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like Supplier #2 is still in business. They have several ASV machines showing, used S9, used and new S10.
The words Supplier #2 is a link to the list, click then scroll down to their specific business link.
ResMed S9 VPAP/BIPAP Adapt SV Auto $2199 gently used
S10 AirCurve ASV w/ Heated Humidifier $2999 gently used or $4199 new.
Best to call them to talk specifics on availability and find the hours on specific machines.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much, Dave,  for the speedy reply, but I must be missing something.  I don't get how to find Supplier # 2 .  I click on that, and see the supplier list, but have no clue which business link to select. Would appreciate any help.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you're in the Supplier List page, continue scrolling down until you see the suppliers, with a number to each one's left.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I see the problem now.  I kept thinking that "Supplier # 2" was the official name of a CPAP supply business, but, from what you're telling me, it simply means the link listed with the number "2" next to it
Post Reply Post Reply
Well - I'm finally back to the group.  I have a sleep study (titration) scheduled for next month.  I've been dodging the sleep lab since the pandemic, but it appears Medicare will no longer fund a machine unless there's a more current sleep study, and my last was about 8 years ago. Since I have complex apnea, I'm hoping to get a prescription for an ASV machine...more specifically, a ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV.  My current machine is an Aircurve 10 VAuto that I self-funded during the pandemic, in order to stop using my Philips "cancer machine".  I've done a bit of checking on the supplier list, and it looks like the Aircurve 10 ASV is discontinued by ResMed.  Wondering what folks on the group might know about the newer/replacement model.  Many thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV is not discontinued. While not in abundant supply, and more expensive than in 2020 when this thread started, there are still ASV machines to be had. As far as I know the Aircurve 11 ASV is not yet released. I would still prefer the more stout construction of the 10 series.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare wants a diagnostic test.
Rèquest a split study to include an ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks, Sleeprider and Gideon, for your replies.  Very helpful info as I inch my way towards the sleep lab in June.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,212 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 624 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 317 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 245 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.