Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recommendations on sleep machine
RE: Recommendations on sleep machine
Yes, this is more important since I am sure I will pay more now thru the DME !

Wonderful that you figured that out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your insurance company has the upper hand, unless you can pay cash and buy online.

I would check with your local DME and insurance and get an exact $ amount of what your cost will be.  

Then check with an online supplier, and you may find that it may be cheaper to buy yourself.

The important thing is you will need a perscription to buy online, unless you shop Amazon.  Then you may be limited as to type of machine available.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting re: Amazon.

They do have the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset that was recommended.

Looks like it will be cheaper and easier from them !!

thank you !!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2017, 04:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your prescription can be matched on the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto, and on the lower priced Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset CPAP.  Resmed CPAPs use a form of exhale pressure relief that allows up to 3 cm of pressure relief through exhale and a comfortable rise of pressure during inhale, just like a BiPAP. Both of those machines are auto-adjusting, so they have more capability and comfort than your former machine, as well as full data.  So the choice is really yours.  Be aware the Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP will not match that pressure reduction on exhale, but the Dreamstation BiPAP-S or BiPAP auto can.

Your settings did not take advantage of the auto adjusting capability of your M-series.   When your new machine is setup, you can set it for 10/8.0 at PS 2 (PS= pressure support), or you could start a bit lower at a minimum EPAP of 6.0 and let the machine adjust as high as you want, so your machine could start at 8/6 an it would be able to automatically provide 9/7, 10/8 and you can limit it to whatever you want.  If you choose the Resmed Auto CPAP, then just set EPR to 2 and use a minimum pressure of 8 to simulate your current machine at 8/6.  Or you could choose to set a minimum pressure of 6 and maximum pressure of 10 and it would again deliver 6/4, 7/5, 8/6, 9/7, 10/8.   So you can choose to spend less and get the same results or better than you had before, even with auto CPAP (Autoset).  Resmed machines also provide ramp at whatever pressure and time you choose; the interesting thing is, you could just let the pressure start at 6/4 in auto mode and ramp would not be needed.

The data either of these machines offer is better than a sleep study, especially if you have a computer that you can read the data on.  Any current laptop or desk computer would work with [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] to show you an amazing amount of information, and the forum can help you get dialed in.

Its been a long time since this question was answered but it actually did take this long to finally be prescribed a new machine.  I was given the Dreamstation Auto CPAP to try out.   I have only had it 2 nights, both times the AHI was between 3-4.  I understand this is considered "normal" but I am exhausted.  Maybe its because of 10 years of an AHI at less than 1.  You said that this machine will not match the pressure reduction on exhale:  my question is that could that affect AHI?
0I believe its set to min pressure 4, max 15 and 2 nights have shown an 90 percent average of 6.

Its so hard to go back to that very tired state :-(
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,212 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 624 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 317 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.