Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Red ring around face
RE: Red ring around face
Liner would be all I could think of to help. I have redness also and always have with anything but a Fitlife which I dont use anymore.

But I have the same redness not only where the mask touches but also all the area inside the mask nasal or FF.

Its there all day all night all the time and has been for three months. Doesnt hurt dosent itch, just red. Sometimes I think its from the extra humidity but cant sleep without that so Im just a copy cat of Rudolph of the Red Nose. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
actually what worked even better for me was a good moisturizing lotion, the cold weather we have had with start of winter i dontt think i had enough moisture in my skin, that helped a lot and today my ring is gone. I used gold bond for men lotion and have had good success with it
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 03:26 PM)brianwood619 Wrote: I used gold bond for men lotion and have had good success with it

I have some of that. I will give that a try too.

Thanks!!

(01-02-2015, 02:30 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Liner would be all I could think of to help.

I started with a home-made liner last night. No significant change in the red ring yet. Mine is a definative "ring" just where the mask touches my skin.
Post Reply Post Reply
This might sound like a stupid suggestion, but I shall make it anyway. In the winter I find that my normal washing of my hands makes them break out for no apparent reason, I'm not sure if it's drying my skin or the cold or whatever that creates the issues, but I have skin issues and find too much washing and cleaning without using something like colloidal oatmeal or some other skin moisturizer just wreaks havoc on me. I have the same issues on the rest of my skin, so I slow down the washing and use a little more moisturizer and that helps for me. I wonder if this is the same type of case where everything is so clean it is now irritating you.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a learning experience for me. My wife has skin reactions to a lot of soaps and shampoos, but until now I have never had such a reaction (except for my alergies to anything that is green and grows).

Two days of Gold Bond and the red is gone. The skin is try and flakey now, where it was red, but I am guessing that will clear up in another couple of days.... just in time for my business trip to Madison WI on Wednesday. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 61 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 190 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  O2 Ring vs Checkme O2 PaulaO2 48 2,265 02-24-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 395 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Exclaimation [Equipment] Sleep Tracking Ring Vako 7 348 02-14-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Vako
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.