Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Redirecting air coming out from mask?
Redirecting air coming out from mask?
I have the Dreamwear FFM and know not to block the vent holes in the front. The problem is that my cat won't sleep next to me if the air is blowing in his face. Any ideas on how to redirect the air coming out the front? Like a piece of ??? to deflect the air sideways? Can I put a piece of felt to help diffuse the air? 

The mask itself works well for me so I would prefer to keep using it rather than trying a new one. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Redirecting air coming out from mask?
I tape one edge of a piece of a Resmed air filter and drape the filter material over the exhaust ports on my F&P Evora FFM. That way it just redirects the flow and no holes are blocked. It also reduces the venting noise, too.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Redirecting air coming out from mask?
I place my top-sheet over my face, or in front of the mask and vent, so that I don't blow exhaust air into my wife's face.  As you would surely understand, it isn't something most people would endure for more than about an hour until a swift kick somehow took place. 

The face covering with the sheet, or covering just the front of the mask, is not deleterious to either the machine or to the wearer because it's just exhaust air, not intake air.  My intake air is about 3' away, nestled in a night-table drawer that is only partly closed.

You could fashion a curved deflector plate from near the handle of those two-quart milk jugs, the plastic ones, and use packing tape or duct tape to keep it in place. You want the flow oriented down toward your chin, not up to where it might irritate a cranky cat near your head or into your eyes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,450 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
Question [News] RESMED CHANGES COMING? srlevine1 6 1,046 12-30-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Centrals coming back Gperry 9 730 12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  6+ of CPAP, but symptoms are coming back for some reason terrytorres 7 658 09-22-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Are my symptoms even coming from sleep apnea? OSCAR attached apmea 8 914 08-23-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Does anyone know of new cpap masks coming out this year? Jimnyc2000 9 1,089 06-08-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow
  PLEASE help with settings for ASV coming tomorrow. OSCAR data attached. hopeforusall 41 2,409 06-08-2023, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.