Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Refurbishing a used maching
Refurbishing a used maching
I have be given a used AirCurve 10 VAUTO #37051 Machine and am looking at sanitizing it as best possible.

This is for my personal use.

Of course the attachments are easy enough, but what about inside the machine.

Is there any information about cleaning the inner workings.

Does anyone have any experience with refurbishing one of these.

Any info available about doing this?

I'd like to return it to like new condition. Is this possible?

Thanks
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Refurbishing a used maching
Pretty much answered my own question.

You don't and can't do anything to the inside.

Just sanitize all attachments and filters and use the machine. Dielaughing 

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that was easy ;-)

I was going to mention that the Clinician's manual usually has a section on deep sanitizing.
See my sig to get your clinician's manual if you don't already have it.
I like the price you paid. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless it has been in a smoking environment or exposed to other strong, persistent odors, the blower unit does not need refurbishment. Even those odors can be reduced or eliminated if present. I have acquired used machines with smoke smell, and repaired that by external cleaning, especially the filter holder, changing all silicon seals between the humidifier and blower and humidifier outlet, replacing all tubing and humidifier chanber, then allowing Ozium fume (sprayed on a cotton ball) to be drawn through the machine. My results with this method is very good. Keep in mind that these machines are not exposed to expired air from the mask and tubing, so any contaminates are environmental that are able to pass the filter.

Be sure to delete all user data on the machine, and use a clean SD card.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's where I found my answer was in the Clinician's manual where it speaks about using the machine in a clinical environment with multiple users. I used the new machine last night and prior to that I set up a new SD card. Transferred all data onto a new card and used the erase data function on that card. I'll keep the one that was in it as a last ditch backup.

Thanks, Gary
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here and going to get a new maching David44142 17 3,174 10-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.