Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replace mask hose etc:
Replace mask hose etc:
Good morning everyone, I am sure this has been asked before but I have not been able to find it in search.

I am curious when do you all replace your hose, your mask and your headgear?

I have been using the same hose, headgear and nasal mask for about four months and it all seems to work fine, the only thing I do is clean it regularly. 

And my leaks are minimal and my AHI is staying about the same.

Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replace mask hose etc:
Uzupan;
     It is pretty much regulated by Your Insurance and DME ..
My provider uses 6 months for masks, cushions, head gear, and air filters and 1 year for tubes, humidifier chambers ..
Contact Your Ins. and DME and ask they should share this information without a problem ..
If You want or need something on a different schedule You can ask with a valid reason they may provide it ..
Or You may need to buy at Your own expense ..
Best of luck with this .. 
     Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to buy my own supplies, that’s why I am asking. I purchased my airsense 11 because my insurance was changing and did not want to start all over again. I bought my airsense 11 for 795.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you are purchasing your own supplies out-of-pocket, use them for as long as possible. The equipment will last much longer than the DME suppliers want you to believe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, thank you. I did not know what kind of time line is acceptable.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I started CPAP Therapy in Sept. of 2018, I used the same climate line hose that came with my machine until a little over three years later when I stopped the therapy. 

I have very good insurance and all of my costs were covered. I have a ton of OEM new-in-package equipment that I was sent the whole time. I'm talking four big storage tubs worth.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
My insurance gives me a new mask insert every month, new headgear, hose, and reservoir tank every six months. I have a stock of mask inserts (some call them cushions). I try to keep at least one extra hose, headgear and tank on hand. Have plenty of cushions.

I have purchased a 10 ft hose from one of the suppliers on our list (can't remember which one) as well as a hose cover. I use the hose cover to keep inquisitive kitty teeth out of the hose.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Insurance covers new mask cushions once per month as well as machine filters if disposable.  New mask, headgear and tubing every 3 months.  New humidifer chamber and chin straps every 6 months.  New machine every 5 years unless a new type is needed and approved.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 219 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 227 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 543 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,246 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 526 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,041 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.