Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacement Device and Leaks
Replacement Device and Leaks
My ResMed AirCurve 10 VPAP spent much of 2023 with its motor life exceeded. I finally got to the doctor for a prescription, and received the new machine last week.

Here is the problem - Oscar reports lots of leaks using the same settings, mask and hose as the old machine, which reported little or no leaking. ResMed "myAir" thinks the mask "needs adjustment", but nothing is different from the old machine.

The DME suggested I fiddle with the water chamber to get a better seal, and last night it did reduce (but not eliminate) the leak reports.

Two questions: (1) is there a way to clean the gaskets where the chamber connects? I hate to use a cleaning fluid like alcohol. And (2), has anyone else had this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replacement Device and Leaks
I suggest that you place your hand around the CPAP's hose connection area while you are using it. I've had two leaks in this area. One was an improperly seated humidifier tank, and the second was a hairline crack in the hose where it enters the rubber connector at the machine.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2024, 06:51 PM)jtardo Wrote: (1) is there a way to clean the gaskets where the chamber connects?

I use an old toothbrush, warm water, and the same detergent used to clean the tub. Maybe some vinegar, too.

Quote:(2), has anyone else had this problem?

I've had the gasket leak. Others have reported the same and have proposed some good solutions, like wrapping a rubber band around the chamber so the gasket is held tighter. I usually just change to a new water tank, because the gasket is likely worn out.

But do make sure the water chamber is fully seated in the CPAP machine. That's usually the easiest fix.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can remove the gasket the hose connects to and clean it very easy, just push the tab and slide out. The other one is more involved to clean or replace. On a new machine neither should have issues unless defective. A second new water chamber to try would be handy for troubleshooting. Same for a hose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Pressure] Intermittent leaks on my AirCurve 10 Daniel5584 2 35 2 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 8 182 6 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 134 20,579 04-24-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: PHXSleeper
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 114 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 273 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 479 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,114 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.