Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Replacement blower motor
Replacement blower motor
Long shot but from what I've been reading over the past few days, if anyone is going to have this information it's going to be someone in this forum.

I purchased a used Remstar M "Basic" on eBay, hoping to use it in our camper and when I travel so I have one less thing to pack, move, risk breaking, etc. It arrived but doesn't blow air. I've narrowed the issue down to the blower but am not having any luck finding the part anywhere to replace it. The part number on the blower is 1027310 but I'm hoping someone would have a cross-reference for an alternate part number.

Do the PRO, PLUS and Basic all use the same blower? The casing is the same so I'm inclined to think yes but don't want to just up an purchase a blower if I'm not sure it will fit.

Any suggestions are appreciated... thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Replacement blower motor
No - not ever likely to be able to get parts. They just don't let them outside of a very controlled environment.

If you are bent on fixing it yourself, best bet would be to find another used one and cannibalize it. But if you get one with a working blower, then you would just use it.

Sorry.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OddBHavier,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's very difficult to get parts to fix those machines.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Did the seller tell you it was broken? If not, put in a dispute with eBay and/or PayPal, return it for a full refund and move on.

It might be better to try Craig's List locally so you can inspect and try before you buy...
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't think that sale of CPAPs was allowed on eBay. If so, working or not, they should be able to get refund.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
#27 and #28 on the suppliers list in "commercial posts" do repairs.
You might contact them. The are not likley to sell a part; but may be able to repair it for a decent price.
Can't hurt to ask them.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the replies... I am currently working on trying to get my money back for the eBay purchase. I wasn't / aren't sure that that will work out so I was curious regarding the repair option. It seams fairly easy to service, just hard to find parts.

I've since picked up another unit (a little newer / different model). Hopefully I'll have more luck with this one.

Thanks again, you've all been very helpful.. fingers crossed I can work out the return.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible that it's just stuck sometimes old bearing seize up if they haven't run in a while. You might see if you can spin the blower by hand.

Other than that, you're probably out of luck.

Getting a refund would be the best idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
]Hola amigo, tengo todos los repuestos relacionados con tu producto, el que estás buscando tiene un costo algo elevado, puedes contactarme: +57 3007614324

Translation:
Hello friend, I have all the spare parts related to your product, the one you are looking for has a somewhat high cost, you can contact me: +57 3007614324
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Repuestoshardy! - Welcome

The post you replied to is 5 years old. This member has not returned to the board since May 2015.

Please read Rule #4 - All posts must be made in the English language.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,054 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,822 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,896 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 263 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.