Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Requesting Help with OSCAR Analysis
Requesting Help with OSCAR Analysis
RE: Requesting Help with OSCAR Analysis

I am looking for some help with my Diagnosis of severe obstructive sleep apnea and my machine is the Phillips Dreamstation auto cpap with an Rx pressure of 5-20 and my numbers are very high at times they were worse when the machine was set at 4.0 auto ramp I have it set at 8.5 now seems to be better but I am not sure that's why I am here looking fr help. I am attaching last nights Oscar report as well as mt sleep study results. Thanks soooo much in advance !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum

First and foremost is you are tucking your chin at night.  See how the Obstructive events are clustered together? That is the tell tale sigh of this.  The common fix is a soft cervical collar.  see the link in my signature for details of this.  No amount of pressure will overcome this.  

Once this is resolved we can review what is left.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so very much I was really unaware of that even ever being thought of. Thanks again so much I will be in touch in the near future.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where are you seeing that the obstructive events are clustered together? What is the name of the graph you're looking at to see this? Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2020, 09:18 AM)tb123 Wrote: Where are you seeing that the obstructive events are clustered together? What is the name of the graph you're looking at to see this? Thank you!

In the graph below, clusters of obstructive events occur in six major clusters.  I'm sorry but the image resolution is to small for me to read the time stamps, but you can see the pressure rises for each of those clusters. I think 23:15, 00:15, 00:35, 03:20 and 03:40. Your machine reached a maximum pressure of 15.0 which didn't phase the events. As you can see, compared to Resmed the Philips Auto CPAP took too long to reach higher pressure, but since you have many periods of no events, your pressure does not seem to be a problem as much as positional apnea. That said, I think a minimum pressure of 10 is in your future.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22669]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you for responding. I am not the OG of this thread, so those are not my graphs and data.

I can post mine here (still trying to figure out how to read them) and if you have any insights, I am all ears! (Also if I shouldn't post my data on someone else's thread, feel free to delete).

Post Reply Post Reply
It is much better for you to start your own thread so it doesn't get confused with the OP.  

edit also look at the organize in my signature.

Clik "View / Reset Charts / Standard" to get a much better set of charts to post.

Can a Mod split this post Please.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for this feedback. When I have a bit more time, I will start my own thread and follow your suggestions for organization. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick question: you suggested going to "view-- reset charts-- standard" and I'm not sure where that is. If you don't mind pointing me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try this:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=23585]

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,419 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 147 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 368 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  erqq - CPAP Analysis erqq 16 868 01-29-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Clementine39 - Therapy Analysis Clementine39 2 252 01-26-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.