Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rera
Rera
Just had another sleep study, didn't get a copy yet.  Doc said I had a significant amount of rera's.  S9 doesn't record these, but are there any other graphs or data to look on sleepyhead to help see if these events are showing up.  
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as well a understanding of rera's.

Thanks everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rera
No, your machine does not record Rera's, only Phillips Respironics records
Correction: The latest versions of ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet and the For Her models report Reras.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ndex_(RDI)

Normally, this requires an increase in minimum pressure.  

You've never posted data even though it has been requested in previous threads.  It's a little tough to advise without that.

Try to get the results of your new sleep study, and in the meantime, study the tutorials in my signature line and post a screenshot of the daily page.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ditto, but rera stands for respiratory-effort-related-arousal, so theoretically you could analyze breath by breath to determine if there is a period of arousal just after a "problem" getting full breaths.  That would mean you would have to become really acquainted with what pattern of breathing in normal in sleep, normal in wakefulness, and how the flow pattern changes when you try unsuccessfully to breathe.  most of my RERA occurs when other things are also occurring, like flow limitations, hypopneas and obstructive apneas.

nothing in sleepyhead that I know of that would help.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are medical doctors knowledgeable of sleep apnea who feel that Flow Limitations,  and Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS) are the same thing making Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERAs) a slightly more advanced case. For what it is worth.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to be clear - the ResMed A10 later versions do in fact record RERAs. I have one.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my data for the past five days. Note - My Doctor changed my Max Pressure to 18 on July 17.

Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone respond to my data? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine you own does not provide data on RERA and at the resolution we're looking at, the AHI results look fantastic. The Dreamstation Auto and Airsense 10 Autoset both record RERA events and might help you more. It would help if you could include the flow limitation and snore graphs to see why your pressure is charging to maximum at various times.

If the new settings are more disruptive to your sleep than the previous settings, maybe go back to the ones that let you sleep best.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure why your doctor raised the max pressure.
95% of the time you were around 15.

Your results aren't bad, but I would lower the EPR to 2 and see if that helps with the Clear Airways.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe my doctor raised pressure to 18, was because I was hitting my maximum range.
Just got a copy of sleep study.

Wake during sleep period: 115.5min.
Stage rem:                       81.0 min.
Stage N1 Sleep                 138.0 min
Stage N2 Sleep                  115.5 min
Stage N3 Sleep                   6.5 min.
Spo2 avg.  98
Lowest spo2  95
Apnea   1
Hypopnea  0
RERA's    17 rem
RERA's     84 NON-REM
RERA's     101 Sleep

Sorry for all the data.  My sleep doctor really did not say how I am suppose to deal with all these RERA events.

Can someone please help?  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 245 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Respiratory effort- related arousals (RERA's) MrIvanDrago 3 763 11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  PLM pattern or RERA spikes? permabear 35 2,369 08-20-2023, 03:24 PM
Last Post: permabear
  [CPAP] What's the best CPAP for reducing RERA events Anthon 1 617 08-11-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Persistent OA, Hypoapneas and RERA events despite Pressure Increase chewielotuses 7 1,063 04-23-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  High mask pressure causing RERA? webweaver 2 1,122 12-15-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Arrow AHI < 1.0 now, but still tired? Is it UARS, RERA, arousals or FL in your FR peaks? 2SleepBetta 57 12,885 11-09-2022, 02:28 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.