Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV settings for first night of treatment: Do you agree?
ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV settings for first night of treatment: Do you agree?
Thanks to the suggestions of the moderators here, I just obtained a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV device to replace my AirSense 11 for almost all clear-airway events and periodic breathing pattern.

I believe moderators here suggested that I start ASV with the ASVAuto default settings and later upload OSCAR screenshots to see if I need manual adjustments.

The ResMed titration guide suggests the following ASVAuto settings:

Min EPAP 4 cm H2O
Max EPAP 15 cm H2O
Min PS 3 cm H2O
Max PS 15 cm H2O
Ramp OFF

Do you agree with these default settings when I start my first night with ASV? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV settings for first night of treatment: Do you agree?
I am fairly new to cpap and have zero clue about asv . Wanted to wish you well and good luck tonight.! Hope you get some sleep !
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot. Good luck with your new CPAP too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks lots of knowledgeable folks here thay will get your machine set up !
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll just go with the settings in the ResMed guide and hope for the best. Thanks guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
The settings you outlined are exactly what Resmed recommends in the titration protocol. We can look at the resulting data from your first night and suggest optimization if needed. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much, Sleeprider. I'll use those settings and return here soon with data and see if you have suggestions for optimization.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you get some data and post some screenshots the knowledgeable volunteers here will gladly look at them and provide you on how to proceed
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, thanks! I'm grateful for all the help and can't wait to get going with my new ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the results for my first two nights with my new ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV after I previously experienced many central sleep apnea events and periodic breathing pattern with a ResMed AirSense 11 APAP:

--------

Night 1 on April 15, 2023, with no CSA, no OSA, no periodic breathing, but with 36 flagged hypopneas, five UAs, frequent (97) large leaks, air-filled cheeks, and some aerophagia while I was using a DreamWear nasal mask and mouth tape:

Device Settings
Mode ASVAuto
Min EPAP 5.00 cmH2O
Max EPAP 15.00 cmH2O
PS Min 3.00 cmH2O
PS Max 15.00 cmH2O
Antibacterial Filter Yes
Climate Control Auto
Essentials On
Humidifier Status On
Humidity Level 4
Mask Nasal
Ramp Off
Smart Start Off
Temperature 27 ºC
Temperature Enable On

AHI 5.26
ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
PAP Mode: ASVAuto

Date 4/15/2023
Start 02:04:35
End 09:52:36
Hours 07:48:01

Large Leak (LL) 14.81%
Obstructive Apnea (OA) 0.00
Unclassified Apnea (UA) 0.64
Hypopnea (H) 4.62

----------

Night 2 on April 18, 2023, with no CSA, no OSA, no periodic breathing, but with 28 flagged hypopneas, 31 UAs, only one large leak, less of a problem with air-filled cheeks and aerophagia while I was using a DreamWear full-face mask:

Device settings (different from the settings on night 1) and the data for night 2 are in the attached OSCAR screenshots.

Thank you very much, Sleeprider and others, for your analysis and suggestions for adjustments to device settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 130 3 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,291 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 279 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 233 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,235 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.