Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV settings for first night of treatment: Do you agree?
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV settings for first night of treatment: Do you agree?
Hi Dani, I've used the DreamWear hybrid, which is similar to your F30i, but found that I had a better seal with the AirTouch F20.

I look forward to seeing your progress here with your ASV and some good data you share later. 

I hope to have success with my ASV too.  Sleep-on-pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
Attached are my OSCAR screenshots for last night, while I was using my ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV device.

With my current lower pressure settings (ASVAuto, Min EPAP 4.00, Max EPAP 8.00, PS Min 2.00, PS Max 8.00) and my new ResMed AirTouch F20 full mask:

• I can now sleep for six to eight hours without a lot of disturbing high-pressure surges.

• I had just three flagged hypopneas and no other flagged events last night.

• I had an AHI score of 0.50, which is down from my AHI score of 19.0.

• Once I am asleep, my breathing feels natural and rhythmic. 

• I sometimes wonder if my ASV device is even on when I don't feel unnatural pressure surges and out-of-sync respiration rates.

• Because of my new full mask, I can now sleep on my sides without any major leaks.

However, I still hope to resolve my ongoing problem with nocturia, which can cause me to wake up several times at night to urinate, disturbs my sleep, and increases the likelihood of briefly experiencing some flagged events while falling asleep again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What a great update, Devin!  It sounds like you've got your pressures dialed in for comfort as well as low AHI.  That's great that it's still effective at those lower pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot, Dani! I'm still dialing in the pressures and will see if I can very gradually increase the maximum pressure support just a little more without experiencing frequent pressure surges. Gonna make this work!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
HI Devin, how is your progress of dialing up the pressure setting ?
I remember you set EPAP min 4 , Max 5 and PS min 0 , Max 5 and doing ok.
How about now and how is the dialing up scale, do you still adpat ok ? Or just stick to original above.
Post Reply Post Reply
Inspired by this thread I just put in an order for an AirTouch F20.

I am currently using the Dreamwear with silicon pillows which I really like, but I am getting the same issue now where I wake up and the pressure is overpowering the nasal cushions and I cannot contain the leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Stanley,
Hope to see your experiences with F20 soon. I am not used to FFM, so I need to stick with nasal or pillow masks. I think ASV is not particularly friendly with nasal or pillow design due to PS pressure surge maybe too strong only through nostrils.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JCW888, yes, I decreased EPAP to 4.0/6.0 and PS to 0.0/5.0 to give myself some more time to adapt to my ASV device's normal but sudden pressure changes during the night.

I've been very gradually increasing my pressure settings to see if I can get increased therapy effectiveness without a lot of runaway high-pressure surges. My settings are now EPAP at 4.0/6.6 and PS at 1.6/6.6.

You can see in the attached OSCAR screenshots that I now get a couple of sleep-wake-junk events, which don't even count, at the very beginning of a session while I'm wide awake and getting ready for sleep. I then get, maybe, one or two legitimate events the rest of the entire night. 

I'm pleased that I can now sleep without the runaway high-pressure surges, get AHI scores under 1.0, and eliminate all my previous oxygen desaturations. 

One practice that helps me is starting an ASV session only when I'm tired enough to fall asleep pretty soon and I've relaxed enough to get my respiration rate to a lower level.

This practice is important due to the AirCurve 10 ASV algorithm, which learns your recent minute ventilation and then increases your pressure support when your minute ventilation drops below the dynamic target minute ventilation.

You're more likely to struggle with ASV high-pressure surges, get a cluster of many sleep-wake-junk events, get frustrated, and stay awake at the beginning of a session if you try to use your ASV device when you're not relaxed and ready to fall asleep.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 18 648 7 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 12 234 Yesterday, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 11 17,219 04-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 159 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 182 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 106 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,025 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.