Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirCurve 10 Fan Motor Loud
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 Fan Motor Loud
I have a sound when I inhale (sounds like Darth Vader) but I think it is the mask P30i, not the machine.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2020, 04:13 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Could you try putting the VAuto on some kind of rubber mat is the sound being transmitted to your bedside cabinet then that amplifying the sound
I have held it in my hand and it still makes the same noise that it makes sitting on the night stand.

(08-27-2020, 05:01 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I have a friend that uses a ResMed 10 AutoSet for Her with a similar problem.  

She said the noise is a whirring sound directly related to when she inhales.  It's different from the sound of air pressure when you first start the machine, which is normal.   It happens when inhaling.  I'm not sure if she's had it replaced yet.
My machine is the loudest when I inhale.  Sounds like your friend's machine is having the same problem as mine. Is her machine new?

I contacted ResMed today and opened a case on my problem.  They sent me an email saying they would get back with me.  My S9 machine never had this problem and the only sound I heard was the movement of the air pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, she's only used her machine for a couple weeks. I think her DME was going to get her a replacement.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I hope she gets her problem resolved as it is difficult to fall asleep with a bad fan motor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope you get a replacement soon. I know I couldn't sleep well listening to that.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2020, 08:10 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Hope you get a replacement soon.  I know I couldn't sleep well listening to that.

The problem is I am on my third machine.  I feel the fourth one will have the same problem.  I am definitely frustrated with this process.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just spent my first night with the AirSense 10 after upgrading from my trusty S9, and I’ve had the exact same experience- motor noise when inhaling- my wife described it as a “whining race car”.  Calling ResMed today.  Sorry you’re having so many problems- I hope you get it sorted!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2020, 08:42 AM)Adman103 Wrote: I just spent my first night with the AirSense 10 after upgrading from my trusty S9, and I’ve had the exact same experience- motor noise when inhaling- my wife described it as a “whining race car”.  Calling ResMed today.  Sorry you’re having so many problems- I hope you get it sorted!

My S9 is a good and quiet machine.  My AirCurve 10 sounds like an engine revving up when I breath in.  My DME is going to get me another machine, my fourth, next week when a new shipment of AirCurve 10's come in.  Hopefully a new batch of machines will have a different run of fan motors.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the APAP for her.  2 1/2 years into the machine,  I got an extremely loud high pitched whine on the email, short sounds on the pause between breaths and quiet on the exhale.  It took about a month for the replacement to arrive.   By that time the noise had worn away to the point I thought it was gone.   However,  when I plugged in the replacement  ...... aw ...... blissful quiet ...... I guess my ears and mind just adjusted to the noise to some extent. 

It is worrisome to me, because I love ResMed and don't love the other brand,  but is ResMed having difficulty with their manufacturing?   I so want to take a noisy machine apart and see what is going on.

Maybe take note of the serial number,  manufacturing place and date ..... although ResMed should be doing that as part of their quality control.

I have a recording of the original sound problem.

While you are waiting for your replacement,  a towel underneath  and another around the motor side (left) can help deaden the noise.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Cpapian for your reply.  Sounds like the same problem I have.  I have cases open with ResMed where it is tied into the serial numbers of the machines that I have had problems with.  They responded back to me and said they will review my concerns and get back with me.

I placed the machine on top of a folded towel six inches thick and it still sounds like a motor revving up when i inhale.  I am learning to sleep with this machine and training my mind to ignore the sound.  I hope the replacement machine does not have this problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.