Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Burning Smell
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Burning Smell
I have tap water in 2 Litre bottle and just top up the reservoir. Keep it full and don't let it run dry. I rinse the tank when I fill the bottle. A take apart and soak with vinegar is occasionally, when the plastic gets cloudy. I do the hose then as well. I'm still alive.

It's just your normal environmental stuff. what's in the tank doesn't reach the mask anyway.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16236866/
Sterile water is unnecessary in a continuous positive airway pressure convection-type humidifier in the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
The convection-type humidifier produces water vapor but does not aerosolize the water. We conclude that bacteria, other microorganisms, or even solutes that may be contained in the water cannot be transported into the air and thus will not be deposited in the lung. In order to avoid respiratory tract infections, sterile water is not required, at least in this particular humidifier. We suggest that nonsterile tap water is probably a safe alternative.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Burning Smell
(06-09-2018, 09:46 AM)andyabel Wrote: I've been using my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for about 3 weeks now.
Last night I awoke to smelling burning plastic inside my mask!
It looks like I'd forgotten to top up the humidifier reservoir last night, and it had run dry.
I normally have the humidifier on full, so I have to refill the reservoir every night.
How come the humidifier no has over-temperature cut off? 
And how come there were no warnings on the display that the reservoir was dry?
There are no visible signs of burning plastic, so I don't think the device is damaged.

I can't seem to find any way to report this problem to ResMed. Any suggestions?

Are you a smoker? On three occasions I’ve had the same problem as you described, burning  smell in the mask, since I’m a smoker I’m thinking that was what is causing my burning smell, it has only happened 3 times so far.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 94 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 252 Yesterday, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 968 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 139 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 672 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 142 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,343 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.