Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirCurve Trigger/Cycle
RE: ResMed AirCurve Trigger/Cycle
It is a little early to tell, but I tend to feel better the next day with the Trigger on High compared to Very High (despite the reduction of reported CAs) or Med.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, how can you see your CA on the report? Current report dumps all apneas together.
Post Reply Post Reply
charlotte704 - Your profile doesn't list a CPAP brand and model. Which specific brand and model are you referring to? Also, please specify the software you're using to view its data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is on a aircurve 10 ST. 
I use airview to view the data. I am a sleep tech.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is the report on the AC10's screen, then have you tried changing the "Reporting" from "Essentials" to "Plus"? This will provide much more detailed information.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll try that! Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to make a correction to my advice. It seems I was a little dyslexic and reversed the terminology. The "Essentials" option should be set to "Plus".

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2023, 11:25 AM)charlotte704 Wrote: Hi, how can you see your CA on the report? Current report dumps all apneas together.

Charlotte, the ST does not report the type of apnea and all events are reported as UA (unknown).  The bilevels with out a backup rate, Vauto, VPAP-S and CPAPs all use the FOT (forced oscillation technique) algorithm to evaluate if an airway is open or obstructed.  It's not perfect, but this does give a pretty reliable indicator whether apnea is obstructive or central/clear. Further interpretation of the events can be done by studying the flow rate at high-resolution like I did in this recent post where Resmed's FOT resulted in incorrect event flagging http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid467632  

If you'd like to discuss this further, let's move the conversation to a new thread as this one was started by a member to discuss a different concern.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 335 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 92 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 966 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 138 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 669 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 211 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv Sterling147 3 190 04-10-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.