Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit F30 mask and pillow
ResMed AirFit F30 mask and pillow
I've been using the AirFit F30 now for about three months or so. Obviously, it is designed to come apart. That being the mask and the pillow. 

I started SA therapy with the AirFit F20. Never any issues with taking it apart and getting it to snap back together. The F30 is a whole other animal. It's extremely hard to get it to properly snap back together once it's been separated. 

I've tried to be patient and accommodating. That isn't working. I usually end up having to literally slam the two together against the top of my metal bedside file cabinet. 

I've tried squeezing the pillow, and twisting it just a bit, as in rotating it. Nothing but some brute force seems to make it comply. It's gotten to the point that I no longer want to take it apart for cleaning. 

I've only separated it now three times since having it. The aggravation of trying to get it back together is weighing on me. 

I'm wide open as to tips, suggestions, and whatever else some of you might have.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit F30 mask and pillow
I agree. And if I can't click it together just right, it hisses all night.

I stick my fingers inside of the cushion, and try to squeeze it back in... that doesn't work too well. I also try to push on the outer edges/sides of the cushion... which also doesn't work too well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Guy,

You've done better than me. I tried but couldn't get the damn thing apart.
I used a fair bit of force, but gave up for fear of breaking it.

Edit: I just now tried again and was able to snap it apart.

Getting it back together is a bit tricky.
You have to carefully line up the parts so they are not twisted, then simply press the two together.
Easier said than done however.
I found that if I put my fingers inside, and press firmly with my thumbs on the ring outside, it will snap together.

As Hydrangea said, it is easy to get it only half clicked into position.

........Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. I'll take a much closer look at both the mask and the cushion. I thought that I'd done that in the past, but apparently I didn't look close enough. 

Anyways, I'm a brute force machine. No problem there! Problem is, I shouldn't have to use any to get it back together. Someone in the past said to slightly rotate the cushion as you press it onto the mask. I've done that. Made no difference. 

I'm due a new F30 mask and cushion or two anytime now. Once they arrive, I'll take a good long look and see what's up.
Post Reply Post Reply
There’s something wrong with yours. I’ve used this mask since it came out. Very easy to take the cushion on and off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2019, 11:26 AM)Needhelp2 Wrote: There’s something wrong with yours. I’ve used this mask since it came out. Very easy to take the cushion on and off.

Maybe so, but it seems as if there are others experiencing the same problem.  Dont-know

The AirFit F20 is a piece of cake, when it comes to disassembly and reassembly. Once I got the hang of it, it was no big deal. 

The F30 and I seem to have differing opinions as to how easy or hard it should be.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have noticed that this time while reassembling the mask / pillow, it's much more secure and the pillow doesn't wiggle while on the mask. 

I'm thinking my prior attempts to secure the two together weren't done right, as the pillow used to wiggle a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found at first it is tight. However facing the inside of the mask, a slight clockwise twist and it comes off. To put it back on, facing the inside of the mask. I put it in at say the 10PM to 4PM angle and counter clockwise twist to the 9PM and 3PM. I take mine off every week'ish (4 to 7 days) for a hot water soap wash. Otherwise I just get a wipe and wipe it daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2019, 12:34 PM)theoak Wrote: I found at first it is tight.  However facing the inside of the mask, a slight clockwise twist and it comes off.  To put it back on, facing the inside of the mask.  I put it in at say the 10PM to 4PM angle and counter clockwise twist to the 9PM and 3PM.  I take mine off every week'ish (4 to 7 days) for a hot water soap wash.  Otherwise I just get a wipe and wipe it daily.

I'll give that a try. Thanks  for the tip!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2019, 12:28 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I have noticed that this time while reassembling the mask / pillow, it's much more secure and the pillow doesn't wiggle while on the mask. 

I'm thinking my prior attempts to secure the two together weren't done right, as the pillow used to wiggle a bit.

That was my exact experience too. And then I used it, and thought "Oh, it doesn't hiss anymore either."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,946 7 hours ago
Last Post: DaveL
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 990 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,647 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,642 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,505 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 244 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,937 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.