Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit F30i
ResMed AirFit F30i
I've been using the ResMed AirFit F30i for about a week. The first couple of nights were wonderful, but since then I've been experiencing some issues.

The straps began digging into face so I've ordered the standard size headgear to replace the small I had bought.  Then, last night, I had a terrible experience - all seemed fine and then I rolled onto my side and the mask started making a banging noise, like something was hitting the plastic.  It was so loud that my husband couldn't sleep.  I checked all of the connections and couldn't figure out what was happening :-(  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
EmilySleeps
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit F30i
Hi, EmilySleeps; I have used that machine for a couple of years and picked up a spare to use when napping. Unfortunately, that machine begins "hammering" at the point that I begin to fall asleep. I experience the hammering as hard puffs of air; I can't say if there is noise associated. (For a couple of reasons I haven't done anything about it, so I don't know the cause or the fix.) I wonder if what you are experiencing is similar, and in any case suggest you investigate a warranty repair/replacement.

Hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, ShaunBlake!  I don't know if it's the machine or the mask causing the issue.  The other weird thing is that after I turn the machine off and remove the mask, there's still sound coming from the mask.  Huh
EmilySleeps
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using a humidifier with a ClimateLine hose, then it is dry out/cool down mode.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That “hammering” sound might be the anti asphyxiation valves opening and closing. You hear it because you may have a small amount of rainout, water in the hose or on the valves themselves. The only way to get rid of the sound is to dry everything out. If in fact that is the problem. I can’t think of anything else it could be.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!

(04-13-2020, 09:52 AM)Osiris357 Wrote: That “hammering” sound might be the anti asphyxiation valves opening and closing. You hear it because you may have a small amount of rainout, water in the hose or on the valves themselves. The only way to get rid of the sound is to dry everything out. If in fact that is the problem. I can’t think of anything else it could be.

Thank you Osiris357!!

(04-12-2020, 02:51 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you are using a humidifier with a ClimateLine hose, then it is dry out/cool down mode.

Thank you, Crimson Nape!!
EmilySleeps
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I get that sound too when I have rain out in the hose and perhaps in the machine as well. A heated hose on auto humidity setting has fixed this entirely for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was still in my 30 day trials of masks and ordered this F30i. I love the minimal face coverage and the hose out of the top of the head. 

I don’t like that it is louder (hiss like) than my other mask.  

Unfortunately for me, I have a very small nose and even with the smallest size, It still leaks. If they developed a kid size version of the nose and mouthpiece, it might work for me

I use the AirTouch F20 with the memory foam and I absolutely love it. No leaks and no noise. If you haven’t tried that one, give it a try. 

Some people complain that the foam wears out too quick however, I had an extra from my sleep study andI rotate them every couple of weeks. Insurance covers one per month so if you buy one extra, you shouldn’t have this problem. 

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2020, 04:27 PM)Sabina Wrote: I was still in my 30 day trials of masks and ordered this F30i. I love the minimal face coverage and the hose out of the top of the head. 

I don’t like that it is louder (hiss like) than my other mask.  

Unfortunately for me, I have a very small nose and even with the smallest size, It still leaks. If they developed a kid size version of the nose and mouthpiece, it might work for me

I use the AirTouch F20 with the memory foam and I absolutely love it. No leaks and no noise. If you haven’t tried that one, give it a try. 

Some people complain that the foam wears out too quick however, I had an extra from my sleep study andI rotate them every couple of weeks. Insurance covers one per month so if you buy one extra, you shouldn’t have this problem. 

Good luck.

Thanks, Sabina!  

I have tried the AirTouch F20 but it pressed too tightly below my mouth and caused tooth & jaw pain (I had used and liked the nasal version but I breath too much out of my mouth).

A big plus with the F30i is that it eliminates the straps across my upper face and pressure on the nose bridge.  I wasn't sure I'd adjust to the hose on the top of the head but discovered I really like it!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could order masks that conformed to our individual faces?!
EmilySleeps
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,233 2 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,301 6 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,984 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 986 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.