Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 (A10) AutoSet
ResMed AirSense 10 (A10) AutoSet
Is a ResMed AirSense 10 (A10) AutoSet a good replacement for a ResMed VPAP machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 (A10) AutoSet
No, not the same, I think you would be looking at the AirCurve™ 10 S if you're replacing a ResMed S9 VPAP S but I'm not sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest using the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto. It can provide the 4 cm of pressure support you are currently getting on the VPAP S at 18/14. Most people can tolerate the Airsense 10 Autoset using EPR of 3 to get close to the VPAP settings. In your case, just set the pressure to 15 minimum to 20 maximum with EPR at 3. That will supply pressures from 15/12 to 20/17 which is approximately in your current range. As suggested by Dave, you are using bilevel due to relatively high pressure, and CPAP can be less comfortable at higher pressures.

A Vauto could provide a pressure range at PS 4 so that you are not constantly at a pressure of 18/14 but could select a range from something like 16/12 to 18/14
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After what Sleeprider posted it got me thinking that maybe you should post some data from your current machine. if you could post a couple of daily charts from SleepyHead that would let people see where you're at.There are a couple of guides on how to post and organize your charts here. Posting an Image in 5 Easy Steps   Organize your SleepyHead Charts. If you need more help with any aspect of posting data don't hesitate to ask.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 462 47 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,812 6 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,617 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.