Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Hi guys (and gals),

Without boring you all with the details, I've been a cpap user for years. After a recent hospital visit, the pulmonologist treating me reviewed a previous recent sleep study and recommend I try a bipap of 5/15

My old cpap doesn't do bipap so I was looking at the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet

I would get the autocurve, but they seem to be in the $2k or so catagory.

My question is this: Can the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet be set to be used as a Bipap?
I can get for like $700 and it seems to have all the gadgets.

I tried to google this but couldn't not find the answer.

Thanks,

Al
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
I don't think so.. ResMed makes a BiPap machine called the AirCurve 10 (as you referenced) which is what I would push for. If insurance will cover the AirCurve why not go for that?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2019, 09:58 AM)Diotima245 Wrote: I don't think so.. ResMed makes a BiPap machine called the AirCurve 10 (as you referenced) which is what I would push for.  If insurance will cover the AirCurve why not go for that?

Because this is self-pay in this case

I ask because I spoke with a DME that said the provide the Resmed autoset for ALL patients (CPAP,  BIPAP, AutoPap). So I figured it does do bipap, I just want to confirm before I spring for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2019, 10:03 AM)TangoBravo Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 09:58 AM)Diotima245 Wrote: I don't think so.. ResMed makes a BiPap machine called the AirCurve 10 (as you referenced) which is what I would push for.  If insurance will cover the AirCurve why not go for that?

Because this is self-pay in this case

I ask because I spoke with a DME that said the provide the Resmed autoset for ALL patients (CPAP,  BIPAP, AutoPap). So I figured it does do bipap, I just want to confirm before I spring for it.

Yikes I get your reluctance then...  but no I don't think it does Bipap... I would get a  Bipap and if payments are available then spring for that... this is your health were talking about and you'll have this unit for likely 5-10+ years so don't cheap out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just had a thought....I should look at the clinician manual, that should tell me definitively. Just emailed for it.....
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirSense 10 AutoSet is not a BiPap machine. Your doctor probably recommended a bipap due to your pressure needs. Sometimes a doctor will incorrectly recommend a bipap. If your sleep study shows
Central apnea’s, this would not be the right machine..

If you have a copy of your sleep study, post it here for review. Someone here can advise you if a bipap would be beneficial to you.

If you need a bipap, your may be able to find a used one on Supplier #2, or check out Supplier #33.
They are listing a new ResMed AirSense VAuto for 1399.00.
Yes, it is still a lot of money when you are self paying.

Do your research before spending dollars on a machine that may not be right for you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto is $1399 at Supplier #33. A gently used Vauto with warranty is #799 at Supplier #2, and that comes with a warranty. Supplier #2 provides excellent service and if any thing happens, you can rely on them to replace the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We like and can configure an AutoSet to deliver the equivalent of 3 cmw of pressure support but no more. It sounds like you may need more. IMHO the machine to look to get would be the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto. The PS available on this machine is Much greater than 3. IF you had an AutoSet we would likely ask you to try it first.

If you post a copy of the sleep study and (hopefully) some detailed daily charts from OSCAR I'm sure you would hear some more thoughts on the subject.

SleepRiders suggestions for sourcing are good
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,806 3 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 419 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 111 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 617 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.